Bit of a problem...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlilly0212

Reaction score
Hi-

So Bailee and I just moved into an apartment in CA, where I am doing an internship for the summer. He did great on the flights and was relaxed, munched on greens, and drank water. BUT now that we are here, I set up a temporary 2x3 NIC pen and he is causing a ruckus. The room is carpeted and so I bought a rug and he is digging and chewing the rug and trying to pick up the NIC pen and banging it against the wall, and then getting out.

I was going to order more NIC panels and make a cage out of that instead of buying a cage for just two months. I don't know if that would be best, or to get a cage and just use the NIC I have as a pen for when I am home. The problem is the noise and my roommates get nervous because they think he will get out. Right now there are three of us in the tiny room because we are in transition (eventually there will only be two) and last night I needed to put him back in the airplane carrier because he wouldn't stop making noise- which killed me to do because it is so small...

Any suggestions???

Welcome to California :). Where are you located? I'm in Sacramento.

If it were me, I'd get some more NIC and build a cage. Then when you have to move again, it's easy to take apart and take with you. Or sell, there's always people looking for NIC panels :).

If he is digging the rug, please make sure he can't ingest the fiber. Maybe you can give him one of the grass mats instead, or as well?
Is there a way you can attach the Nic pen you have now to something sturdy, so he can't move it?

Does he have a hidey house? He might be upset if he doesn't, or maybe he's throwing a tantrum because of the recent move. Bunnies can be divas sometimes...

He could just be throwing an tantrum and may settle down soon. My girl gets very obnoxious when she's in new places and spends a lot of time throwing things around and making noise. Once she lives in a place for a few days, she's much calmer. I would build him a nice NIC cage with a good hidey house and let him have lots of exercise and hopefully he'll settle soon.

Latest posts

Back