BIRTH CAUGHT ON FILM!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
ITs funny, last time Demon had her babies I was trying to make a video but my camera needs LOTs of light to work and she had them at night in my living room and the lighting just wasn't enough. But she just had them today around 4PM in brought daylight while I was watering. She was a day or two late and I was going to take her to the vet tomorrow if she hadn't had them by then. Then she just hops in her box and starts grunting so I ran int eh hosue and got my camera. There's two parts but part 2 I got smart and took the nest box + prego out and put it on the floor where the light was better and filmed it from there.

For those who've never XP'd this....the screaming babies is normal. I'm pretty sure I screamed my head off when I was born.

So i'm ALL EXCITED. So far she's got a REW, a Chestnut (could also be a chin but we'll see) and.. ... A BLUE!!!!!! OH EM GEE Imma pee myself....

Stand by for Part 1...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9a78DdAcGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9a78DdAcGo[/ame]

EDIT: It really is completely unique. They don't give birth like most other animals. They usually sit up and as the babies are born they clean them and shove that one aside to wait for the next one. It all happens very fast too. I had a particular doe that had 9 babies in less than 3 minutes. This rabbit's last litter she had 6 in about 5 minutes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfOoCcwQOUM[/ame]

Here is part one. Excuse all the banging around of jealous bunnies. Originally I ws filming her in her cage but I wasn't getitng enough light so I just....picked the whoel thing up and put her on teh floor. She popped 3 babies and then went for a victory lap around the rabbitry and I didn't think she was done so then I had to catch her fat prego butt.

I have watched quite a few litters be born because I am a night owl, it is awesome! I have 1 on video but I sound retarded in it so I never show it around. LOL. The babies being born I got on vidoe was just shooting out and hitting the side of the box! Haha! :p

Hehe! Jesse told me that one of the buns making the noise was my Teddy, wanting attention! Hehe!! He'll fit right in with my bunch of stinkers! :)

That is exactly what I wanted to look for on YouTube. Thanks for sharing and Demon is great. How issit possible that she allows you to be there recording?

Well I didn't name her ''Demon'' for her kind personality. So....ok I'm stumped I have no idea why she chose that moment when I was standing next to her. I know for a fact they can hold it as i've stayed up til 3AM wit ha doe in labor waiting witing and the second I go to bed I hear squeaks.

UPDATE: MY other lop jsut went into labor and she's bleeding everywhere and grunting and pushing and no babies so i'm off to the vet again. *sigh*
I don't know how much more my wallet can take.

-JAK

I had to drop the bunnr off at the vet because they are so busy and it was an emergency call. They're goign to take Xrays and the ncall me with options....so....waiting.

Good thing Demon had a small litter yesterday....she's fostered babies for me before and has been a great mom. We'll see....

Back