Birds, Bunnies, and a Burnout

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryalesia

Reaction score
Hello, all. My name is Mary, I'm 18 years old, and I live with my parents in Leesburg VA.
My attributes, in order of appearance, are:
1. ADHD
2. Unemployed
3. Community College Dropout

My goals in life, in order of importance, are:
1. Move out of my parents house
2. be happy
3. NEVER BECOME PHYSICALLY ILL FROM A HANGOVER.

There are five pets for whom I am financially and physically responsible. I've listed them chronologically.
1. JALOPY - female lion-head. She used to wake me up by licking me on the face, but then I got my other rabbit and she realized that I'm human. Here she is, in all her fluffy glory:
JLops.jpg

JFL.jpg

2. SQUINTS - boy, pirate-eyed rescue rabbit. He has a congenital eye defect that made one of his eyes stop growing when he was a baby.
Squints2.jpg

Squints1.jpg

3. WIDGET the budgie (parakeet) - thought he was a girl for like three months. Changing genders on me is the only interesting thing Widget has done so far.
100_0795.jpg

4. ROCKO the conure - he likes it when I wear ponytails, because then he can climb all over my head. He will also live to be about 35 years old. Maybe by then he will have outgrown his fear of teddy-bears:
RockoPhoto2.jpg

5. DUSTY the budgie - I got her because Widget talked to himself all day. She hates me right now, but we're working on her trust issues.
100_0815.jpg

See y'all around!

Aw, cute!!
Thanks for all the pics and stories.

But, from my understanding, Widget is a female.
Her nose part on her beak is light pink, well at least in the photo that's what it seams, which means its a girl.

Why do you think its a boy?

Widget is a young budgie, and males have purple-pink ceres when they are young (so do females, but they have more white surrounding their nostrils). I think he is a boy because after posting pictures of him listed as a "she" on Talk Budgies (another forum), pretty much every reply said "aww, how cute! PS Widget is def. a boy".

Most of them are breeders, so I trust their instincts! Also, his behavior is consistent with males, although I didn't realize that until after I got my female budgie, Dusty. :)

Hey, y'all! Time for an UPDATE!

Jalopy, my lion-head, has been sneezing / sniffling with a runny nose. Vet says it's an upper respiratory infection, so now I'm stuck shoving antibiotics and benebac down her throat twice a day for a week, plus putting nose drops in each nostril. So basically she hates me now.

I'm trying to get back into her good graces with raisins, though, so I'll tell you all if she decides to love me again.

They do hold grudges, but its usually just 'bunny butt' for a few weeks, not months. Resuming the grooming sessions may take a bit longer, but you may be allowed to rejoin the warren eventually!

sas :goodluck:

Haha, she'll take raisins from my hands, but she won't let me pet her. Then again, she was never big on petting, so this isn't anything new. :) I just don't want her to run under the bed every time I come in the room.

These pictures are from about a month ago, but they're new to you!

Before I got my other birds, Widget spent a LOT of time on the floor. (He came with clipped wings).

1_S_W.jpg

1_J_W.jpg

Latest posts

Back