Biggi won't eat her new pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandorly

Charlatan
Reaction score
Our pet shop stopped stocking the pellets we give our bun. She's nibbling at the new ones a small bit but eating plenty hay and greens. I'll find a shop that stocks the old food or buy it online, but it could be Wednesday before I have the chance to do that. She's still the poop machine she usually is, there's no problem there and I'll keep an eye on it.
In the meantime, are the hay and greens enough?

They can live on hay and greens pretty well.

When I introduce something new I either call them (normally they get their pellets as treat then), and they come running salivating (oh that look on their face when they find out :D), sometimes they then try something they've ignored before.

Or I put it in the bowl, and simulate munching with my hand, only looking and focusing on the bowl, not the rabbit. Greedy little things may think it can't be that bad if I like it.

Mixing some oatmeal with the pellets might work too.

I completely agree they will be fine for a few days, if you do manage to get the old food but would like to transition to the other stuff you can try gradually mixing in the new pellets until they get used to them.

Our Vet says that all any rabbit is a good unlimited supply of hay and a mixture of veggies 2 times a day. We don't give our boys a whole lot of pellets--about a quarter cup every other day. We also give them compressed timothy cubes. We get all of our stuff thru Amazon, but don't know if that's available to you.

Latest posts

Back