Big White Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What breed is my girl?

• Flemish Giant

• New Zealand

• Something Else

• Super Cute so who cares?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would agree that she has more of a NZ shape than Flemish. It is of course possible she's a cross. I know some breeders cross Flemish with breeds like Californian or NZ to get better meat rabbits. I jsut had to add that, the odds of finding a continental giant not only in the US, but in a shelter-you might as well hope to win the lotto without buying a ticket! LOL

Hmm..Her fur is soft, not as soft as a rex but not coarse like some rabbits.It's kindof fluffy (it doesn't lay flat against her body.) LoL. I don't know much about breeds or coat types and that is the best description I can come up with....She looks identical to Oberon but her body may be a bit longer. What is flyback? Are there any specific characteristics of any of these breeds that I can look for? (Such as mini rex have curly whiskers...etc.)

I don't know what she weighed when I brought her home but she has put on a little. I'm sure she was underweight. She spent nearly 4 months at the shelter with only pellets and a pinecone to eat besides not knowing her circumstances before arriving there. She eats like a PIG; at least 3 X the amount of pellets as my mini rexper day in addition to vegies.

It's so interesting to hear all the traits of differant breeds. I looked at Satins and I think her fur is a bit longer.

So when I get asked what she is I'll just tell people she's a big white rabbit! lol.

KIF_1257.jpg

KIF_1246.jpg

Edited to include photos

Flyback refers to how quickly the fur goes back into place if you pet it backwards. Flyback goes back down quickly, rollback is slower.

Although I've seen this change with diet. Fey and Sprite had awful poof-out fur that never went back into place when I first got them, but better diet and a molt or 5 later they had nicer fur that rolled back like it was supposed to.

Back