BIG prayers for Maisie, please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maherwoman wrote:
I'm sure most people would laugh at how frankly and openly and humanly I talk to my animals, but I truly think they at least can tell from the tone of my voice that things are okay, and not to worry.

Nobody that loves you would laugh, and, certainly, nobody from this forum would laugh either, as we know very well that our furry kids not only understand what we tell them but also want us to communicate with them as much as possible. If any other category of people would laugh, I don't think you shouldcare, because they could understand, anyway.

I know how awful is the waiting time, I truly sympathise with you and I've been thinking about you and Maisie since I read that she was on her way to surgery.

I'm sure everything will go along smoothly and that Maisie will be fine after the operation.

Just, please, drop us a note when she comes back to tell us how she is.

Marietta

I talk to my animals ALL the time! I tell them what I'm doing, ask them questions even...... they react too!

If I say to them *Are you a wildd bunnayy*..... Bo especially will binky and act like it's just so funny! Tony likes when I say *Tonyyy bunnayyy, what are you doin?? You a wild bunnayyyy??*

I also ask Bo if I can pick him up. If he doesn't take off he doesn't mind. Clover loves for me to whisper to her.

I KNOW they understand a few words like their names, banana (Nann-O) and Oatsies! If they hear Oatsies, Bo and Clover start little binkies in their cages. LOL!

WE HAVE WORD!!

My little trooper made it through surgery just fine, and is recovering while awaiting Daddy's return to the clinic to pick her up! YAYYY!!!

They also said that she had some vaginal bleeding while she was there, and they said that in viewing the uterus, they could tell that the vaginal bleeding was definitely caused by the state of her uterus, and that now that she's spayed, she'll be just fine. Danny wasn't told much more detail over the phone, but he bets that the paperwork will have more information.

I'M SO RELIEVED!! I can't wait until my baby girl is home, and resting...

*HUGE sigh of relief*

I'm so happy she made it through ok....thanks for letting us know.

I can go back to breathing normally now.....instead of checking the forum with baited breath...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
I'm so happy she made it through ok....thanks for letting us know.

I can go back to breathing normally now.....instead of checking the forum with baited breath...

Peg

LOL Peg - I've been doing the same thing.

Very glad to hear that Maisie came through like a trooper Rosie!!!

Pam

Awww YAY!!!

That's excellent news, I'm so pleased for you Rosie! :biggrin2:

Now you can spend all your time nursing her instead of worrying!

:sickbunny:

GOOD NEWS...

Danny clarified with the vet upon picking Miss Maisie up, and they said that yes, indeed, her uterus was pre-cancerous. So, we nipped it in the bud, and my sweetie's gonna be just fine! YAY!!

I'm so happy she's on her way home now!

(I thought he'd picked her up before, but they'd called before the allowed pick-up time, so he's NOW on his way home with her. I think they like to be SURE they're doing okay before releasing them...)

But, YAY, GUYS!!

SHE'S HOME!!

And oh, so cute...

She's obviously VERY dopey on buprenex, but she's doing really good.

They took her weight (obviously), and gave it to me...my baby officially weighs 5.4lbs. It's good that I have her weight, so I can give her metacam if I absolutely need to. I don't want her to be in pain, but I don't want to mask any problems, either...so it'll be something to be sensitive about both ways.

But, I'm so happy she's home, safe and sound, and in Mama's care again...

*sigh*

We haven't yet had her go back into her cage (as Danny's doing a few things I couldn't manage with my limited reach), but she's only been home a few minutes. I don't want to overwhelm her, so I'm not bothering her physically, but I couldn't help but tell her much I missed her and had to thank her profusely for holding up her end of our deal we made before she left. (I told her, "I will take wonderful care of you and spoil you rotten when you come home, if you promise to wake up just fine after your surgery, Sweetheart.")

Oh man, I could cry...I'm so happy she's home...

Edited to add: Making sure to have romain lettuce (to give her at night, the only time she'll eat it, in case she decides she doesn't want to eat her pellet food) and some rice (to make her a warm sock buddy). The good thing is that we have a little bit of rice still, just enough for maybe two sock buddies, and the lettuce can wait a bit, since she'll only eat when no one's around anyway. :)

I'm SO happy she's ok. I think that's great that she's not in danger! and she should be fine now!

Ok, guys...she's been in her cage for a while now...I've just been petting her and watching her a bit. She's doing good...doing the tippy-toe hopping that Fiver did, and she's not quite interested yet in hopping into the litterbox (which is to be expected). I told her it's perfectly okay to pee on the towels that cover her floor, hehe. :)

I'm so happy this went so wonderfully, guys...so so happy...

Do you have a small box that you could take one side off of? and put her litter in the back? I did that for Bo when he was too sore to get into his box and for Clover when she was a baby :)

She might not feel like eating much for a couple of days..... keep plenty of anything she likes around.

Oh and give her big ear rubs from us and then when she's feeling up to it. A nice nosey kiss from Bo :)

Latest posts

Back