Big Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm....amazing what camera angles can do. No doubt that these are very large bunnies. And I think we all agree that the giant bunnies areincredible. One of those is listed at 52kg....that is nearly 115 pounds....that ain't gonna happen. Another is listed at 11.8 kg as the largest in the world.....maybe the breed but not the individual....we have ones larger than that. I was actually contacted about doing a story on Andre....and he is nearly 30 pounds (just over 13kg). I declined. I can make him much heavier if I wanted to sacrifice his health for a headline story. Idon't want anobese rabbit...I want a healthy rabbit. And the bottom picture....if anyone can identify thatindividual and give me his location...I would love to have a few moments of his time and have a heart to heart discussion.

Randy

ra7751 wrote:
And the bottom picture....if anyone can identify thatindividual and give me his location...I would love to have a few moments of his time and have a heart to heart discussion.

Randy

That's what I was trying to post yesterday, but it wouldn't work. He was holding the bunny by the scruff of it's neck, wasn't he?:(

I remember when a friend of ours bought his fiance round to introduce to us, and she said she was a bunny person, and knew a lot about them. She wanted to hold Chalk, I had her in my arms already and I let her take her from me, but she grabbed her by the scruff of the neck!:shock: Luckily Chalk wasn't having any of it and jumped onto the sofa, which we were stood right next to, but it could have been bad. She then offered to help Kirk (our friend) look after the bunnies if we ever went away. I don't think so!:grumpy:

But yeah, apart from that, I LOVE big bunnies, and I'm dying for a Flemish!

Big bunnies are different in many ways from the smaller ones. Housing has to be bigger and the floors reinforced to handle their weight. They of course eat more and therefore go through more food. Arwyn eats at least two cups of food per day and my growing little piggy Dugan is not too far behind her.

Scruffing a Flem???? Yeah RIGHT!! If I tried to scruff her, she'd rip my arm apart, not to mention not come near me for at least a week.

Latest posts

Back