Best recommendations for enrichment?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyButter

Reaction score
My rabbit is expressing no interest in the toys I've bought her. She prefers my walls, and even my books and magazines to toys (even the tube with hay in it). I don't understand. Should I get her a giant wood block or something? I've already tried a phonebook.

Hello, again. Honey goes wild with chewing on the cardboard box [not much bigger than she is when stretched out] that I closed up without tape, then cut 2 holes on opposite sides. She loves enlarging the holes. She also loves when I give her a 5 ft piece of brown paper that comes in some packages. She sits on part of it, grabs another part in her mouth & shreds it. I think she thinks she's part beaver. lol If I ever run out from when I get in packages, I'll have to buy some at Office Depot or wherever.

Definitely sounds like I'm going on a box hunt! I found a shoebox, and put it down for her. So far, the box and my cheap, from a box bookshelf have sorta distracted her from my walls.

Try toilet paper tubes or paper towel tubes filled with hay. An oatmeal box with the ends cut off, a treat in the middle, and stuffed with crumpled paper balls.

The best store bought toys I have found is a set of baby keys and a couple cat toy balls with bells.

Update: I've given Butter full reign of my room , and put out a phone book and a cardboard box for her. She also discovered some magazines, and likes to destroy the binding. So far, she has stopped chewing on my walls.

I know your supposed to remove the covers of phonebooks before you give them to your rabbits, so I imagine glossy magazine pages aren't good either [though better than chewing walls]. How about newspaper, especially pages that don't have much colored ink on them.

She only has chewed on the binding so far of the magazines, and likes to dig on them. THe phone book covers were removed. She really likes tearing the pages out one by one. I hand her old papers I don't need. She doesn't mind playing with those, but they aren't as nice as her phonebooks.

Back