Best Pellets Brand?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummel

Reaction score
I have found that many things are a little different when it comes to feed for pet bunnies here.

I was able to figure out that Timothy Hay is supposed to be a great brand, but I am very unsure about all the ingredients I see on the pellet bags.

Searches only seem to show me what people personally prefer but that does not quite answer my question.

I live almost completely organic myself and am very concerned about feed, so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

The less unnatural things the better.

Any recommenations?

Thank you!

Emi :)

angieluv wrote:
OXbow products are very popular here butI don't know about organic brands?

Are these available in Shops or do I have to order online?

I have heard good thing sabout this one also:

ZuPreem Nature's Promise Premium Rabbit Food made from Timothy Hay

Made from long strand, high-fiber, premium Western Timothy Hay with fresh ground vegetables for a fresh aroma and taste your pet rabbit will love. Pellet shape promotes better chewing. Added vitamins and minerals with no soy or wheat to cause your pet digestive upset. Made in USA.

Consistent, balanced nutrition in every pellet also features:

• Pesticide free
  • No soy, no wheat to cause digestive upset
  • Pellet shape and texture promote better chewing
  • High fiber for good digestive healthy
  • Made with high-quality Timothy Hay grown in fertile Idaho valleys.

It's high in fiber, low in protein, and it's based on timothy hay which is better than alfalfa or corn meal bases for bunnies.

Does anyone know more about this brand?:?

Mummel wrote:
Does anyone know more about this brand? (ZuPreem Premium Rabbit Food) :?

It is a new product put out by ZuPreem. I don't think anyone has tried it yet, but I see them in the stores. ZuPreem does make quality bird feed.

I am mixing Oxbow and Martins pellets for my bunnies. They always pick out the Martins first, and only eat the Oxbow if they are still hungry.

Hi Emi!! :wave:

I've been feeding my buns the KayTee Timothy Complete.
It's low protein, high fiber....and it's decent quality.
I can also find it in almost all the stores, too.

Hey there!

Most of us here in the US use Oxbow Bunny Basics T or Kaytee Timothy Complete. Both are timothy hay-based pellets andusually available for purchase at most pet stores or online stores. Pet Stores are usually cheaper because you dont have to pay for shipping.

You should have stores like PetCo or Petsmart or even local pet stores near you that should carry each. Sometimes stores dont carry the Oxbow but they will order it for you. Oxbow is my personal favorite. If you cant find it in a store you can order from their website http://www.oxbowhay.com/link.sp?page=products. They have pellets, hay, papaya tablets etc that are all a big hit with the bunnies.

One online site I like for ordering pellets and treats is this one: http://www.leithpetwerks.com/

Hope that helps!

Haley

Pixel has never been a big eater of pellets... until I brought home Zupreem. She LOVES it!!!!!!! She thinks it's a treat. She HATES Oxbow.

And, I must say that her poops are bigger and healthier since she's been eating it.

I tried Zupreem because my vet sells it, but you can get it online at rabbitstop.com

It does have corn gluten meal and ground corn in it, which doesn't thrill me. But, Pixel's been fine with it. The rabbitstop.com site does give you a full list of its ingredients.

JimD wrote:
Hi Emi!! :wave:

I've been feeding my buns the KayTee Timothy Complete.
It's low protein, high fiber....and it's decent quality.
I can also find it in almost all the stores, too.

I wanted to say that I won't be buying the Kaytee anymore.
The last two bags I bought are cross-contaminated with ingrediants from their other feeds.

I tried Oxbow, but the buns turn their noses up at it....go figure.:?

I'm going to try the Zupreem!

Back