Best Pellet for Rabbit who is not crazy about hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie

Reaction score
So this has been quite an issue for me with my 12 year old senior bun Brown Sugar. She tends to be more fond of her pellets than hay.

I have tried feeding her various types and brands of hay, such as: Timothy (which she picks at), Orchard grass, Oat Hay, Meadow Hay (at one point this was the only kind she would eat), and a Botanical Blend.

Currently she is on a half and half mix of 1/8 cup of Oxbow Bunny Basics T pellets and 1/8 cup of Oxbow Natural Science because I plan on switching her to the Natural Science.

Now I have heard of these Sherwood Forest pellets. If I was going to switch her over to those i would feed the type for rabbits who are not as fond of grass hay, thus the higher fiber content. Though I have heard mixed reviews of peoples rabbits losing weight on these or they aren't complete with all the nutrients she needs. She already is hard to keep weight on because of her age, so I don't need her losing anything else.

I am afraid of overfeeding her on pellets because she used to get poopy butt when I tried to feed more to get some weight on her. I am afraid with the unlimited Sherwood diet this would happen again.

Anyone have any input or advice?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back