Best outdoor playpen??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got a rabbit a few weeks ago, she's about a year old Lop named Clover~ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1394006825.882575.jpg
As the winter slowly draws to a close, I am beginning to figure out and put together an area in out large yard for her to play, SUPERVISED of course as I love near woods and I would die if anything happened to her.

I don't want to keep her in a hutch overnight or while I'm not outside as we have coyotes on out land. SO

I'm trying to figure out the best playpen/fencing I should use so she has more room to run when I'm outside.

Any suggestions? She's a jumper, so it had to be pretty high. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1394006993.444423.jpg

I use a 30" high pet exercise pen (sometimes two hooked together). To be extra safe if I'm not sitting right there with them, I clip some cargo netting that I bought at Joann Fabrics to the top with clothes pins. We have hawks that sometimes circle around when the rabbits are out and I am always worried they might swoop down and try to grab them. I am thinking of buying or building a run with a wire top too like the one in the picture below.

pet pen.jpg

outdoor rabbit run.jpg

I use one of these:

519346220_o.jpg

Like Bville, I worry about predators and so it had to be one with the roof. No hawks around here, but a few birds that would try their luck and the next door neighbour has three cats.

I prefer either with the roof--we have had climber in the past and you won't be able to catch them if they get out. Peanut is one and she's the fastest bunny I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Back