Best Litter Materials?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimD wrote:
Woody Pet has a "woodsie" smell to it. Not really pine, but definately an outdoorsie/woodsie/natural aroma.

That's why I couldn't use it that smell bugs me, it bothers me even more when urine hits it for some reason. At least I'm not allergic to my rabbit :)

Is critter country a good brand? Also, has anyone used citramax? Its made from orange peels and smells great!

Leslie

Our local feed store carries Carefresh, should I go with this since I can't find woody pet anywhere around here! I'm in southern california!

Leslie

Here'sa link to a page on a knowledgeablebunny person'ssite. The human and the bunniesreview thelitters. :)

http://www.hopperhome.com/critter_litter.htm

Basically they saythe Critter Litter is good butexpensive, and the orange peel stuff isn't as absorbant as it could be (and the bunny hated it). :D

I use a thin layer of wood pellets covered at least on one end witha bunch of hay, sort of the equivalent of astack of bunny bathroom magazines. I really recommend putting hay in the litter box, the more they eat the better!

sas

Lesliedave4k wrote:
Is critter country a good brand?
Leslie
Hi Leslie,
"Critter Country Litter 'N Bedding
The ultimate all-purpose litter or bedding for small animals or reptiles. Pelletized straw litter is all natural, biodegradable, clean, dust free, toilet flushable, won't track, and controls odor. Safe for all small animals and reptiles."

Looks good to use. I see the cost is about $10 for 20lb (on sale).

Pipp wrote:
.....sort of the equivalent of astack of bunny bathroom magazines.

sas
:laugh:....if you people don't quit making me spew coffee on my PC......

Latest posts

Back