Best Enclosures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p.popps

Reaction score
Which of these outdoor enclosures are the best? Any flaws? What are the flaws? I need help thinking of ideas for an outdoor enclosure. Please let me know.

Picture 1
877370004613B.jpg

Picture 2

Picture 3
$(KGrHqJ,!ngE9j(M+,fbBPZc1ftBb!~~60_1.JPG

I like the 2nd the most. 3rd one looks good too, because of the first floor run. The first one is just too enclosed.

Good Luck finding your bunny a happy place to live. Let us know what you plan to go with.

K:)

If you do keep them outside with a hutch/run like that, make sure to either bury wire underneath and attach to it, or have wire on the ground that they can't get through. Rabbits are natural burrowers and I've heard of some digging out of a pen while the owner isn't looking!

LakeCondo wrote:
What are your plans for hot weather & next winter?

I think the poster is doing his homework on what to do regarding the extreme weather. Why would he be researching the best way to keep his bunny safe?

I know, I know, it's NOT inside. Not set in stone where you keep your bunny. And bunnies have done well for years being outside. Really they have.

Good luck with your search p.popps. Look forward to seeing what you finally come up with.

LaylaLop wrote:
If you do keep them outside with a hutch/run like that, make sure to either bury wire underneath and attach to it, or have wire on the ground that they can't get through. Rabbits are natural burrowers and I've heard of some digging out of a pen while the owner isn't looking!
I will definitely make sure that they are safe with something under them.

LakeCondo wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:
And bunnies have done well for years being outside. Really they have.

No one said otherwise. It's just good to think about weather issues when choosing a hutch.

I'll answer this third post. Repeating yourself I see. lol

All kidding aside, yes weather issues are good to consider. I would think it would be the first thing to consider when thinking inside or outside.

The hutches that are considered can be very well insulated in the winter with hay inside and tarps outside. In the summer, a good shade tree can help, along with frozen water bottles.

For me, it would be a tossup between #2 and #3. 3 looks like it has a bigger inside living area but less "run" area, and #2 is just the opposite. I like that the run area on 3 is covered to protect the rabbit from the sun and rain, but with a tarp over the screen top you could do the same thing with 2.

I think number 3 is best, but why don't you use a chicken coop for your bunny, they're much bigger and only cost around £95 - £150 on ebay. :)

Latest posts

Back