Best Brush for Grooming?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your rabbits fur type?

For my Mini Lops, I use a soft bristle brush and a small comb for humans. I'll also wet my hand and run it along them - its great for getting out loose fur.

I don't know about Angora or Rex coats as I have never owned one.

Hope I helped :)

I don't have experience with long-haired or rex coat as well. Well my lop mix is part rex and her fur only seems a little different from my other rabbit's. My rabbits can normally keep themselves clean but when I do their nail clipping or if they are molting I use a baby-hair comb, a soft baby hair brush and then wipe off the fur as I go along.

I use the same as minilopmad and for my long hair coats I use a hair comb a thistle brush and some assortments of dog brushes, I tried the furminator once but it ripped the hair off my poor girl so I throw it out!

I love the rubber combed brushes, I have one identical to the one on the Dr Foster and Smith page here: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=22887 though I bought it from my local supermarket.

I absolutely love it. The hair doesn't stick to the brush so I have to brush outside, but the amount of hair it removes without pulling or tugging roughly on the coat is amazing.

I second the rubber brushes. I have a zoom groom made by Kong that I got at Petco and I can use it on my bunnies and my dog.

Thank you for all of your help! The bun that needs it the most is my harlequin mix. She has always had issues with molting. I feed her rolled oats to help, which it does, but combing her with my human comb just doesn't quite do the trick and I didn't want to get a comb/brush that would do more harm than good.

I will definitely be investing in a rubber brush. It sounds like it might be worth a try!

Latest posts

Back