Bentley's new vet & tricks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
I took Bentley for his pre-op visit and bloodwork to have him neutered sometime next week. He loved Bentley and I really like this new vet. He even took a pic for his daughter to see. He checked his right eye and was very red inside the lid. I would've had to lift the lid to notice it. He mentioned conjuctivitis and checked his right ear and it was infected and said it could be related. He was very good with the vet tech and the vet. He checked his teeth and he said they were the best teeth he's see. YAY!

I have Baytril to give him 2x a day for 2 wks and if that doesn't work he'll be on PenG injections. OY Tuesday he'll get the bloodwork back and hoping that's ok. This will be a challenge to give him his meds.

I later took him to my parents so my niece and new fiance could see him. They loved Bentley and thought he was so cool. He ate up all the attention given to him. I showed them his new tricks eating treats from my mouth. Teaching him to touch the bell on the stick and he'd get a trick he did that over and over and instead of begging I call it sitting pretty and he does that for a treat. I just taught him that last night and today I bought a clicker but I may not even need it using the bell he's SO smart. They all said I should bring him to show kids or take it further.

Hi Patti Happy New Year! He's doing so well with his training I cut up dried cranberries and he would do the 'touch' trick and he'd get a treat. He needs a job right now with him being so hyper and there's endless tricks to teach and since he catches on so quickly I think this will be fun for both of us and to form a special bond.

I would love for you to see Sir Bentley someday. Another thing he travels really well he sleeps sprawled out in his carrier and eats his pellets and drinks water whenever I visit my parents.

My friend trains dogs and I told her last night I was starting to clicker train Bentley and she was thrilled and that there's all sorts of clicker training for animals even Chickens have their session near me at a park.

Bentley's so smart! Please take pics of his tricks! How do you train a rabbit with the clicker?

I got the book 'Clicking With Your Rabbit' for x-mas knowing how smart Bentley is. Although I haven't started the clicker training just training him without until I got one. Treats in hand and when he does something toward doing the trick or just does it you click and give a treat. Click means treat, but I've been using a bell at the end of a stick that was my cats toy I just took off the hangy thingy. I ring the bell and tell him what I want him to do and when he does it he gets a treat. Sometimes he was getting ahead of me, touching before the command so no treat that time, sneaky bunny. They say if chickens can be clicker trained and they have like one brain cell a bunny can do it.

Back