Benny & Blossom reunion not too good.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
Her incision looks great and she feels great.Benny's been trying like mad to break her out of bunny jail andBlossom's been trying her best to help. So today, I thought I'd letthem out together. It didn't go so great!

They were fine for a few minutes and then thechase started.All Benny wanted to do was hump her and she wanted nothing to do withthat now.....suprising to see that since she's only been spayed a week.The past 2-3 weeks before surgery, she'sbeen laying down infront of him with her butt in theair.Anyway, she wants nothing to do withBenny now. She pee'd all over the room and pooped everywhere. I washoping they'd calm down but she got ugly with him which really gotBenny worked up. He yanked chunks of her hair out. I was trying tocatch her but the whole time she was running from me too. She finallyran back in her cage and Benny calmed down.

Hopefully this is just a temporary set back. Looks like I'm back to letting them out one at a time.

Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear that it's not goingsmoothly...but put yourself in her paws, would you want to deal w/ aboy acting that way right after you'd been spayed? LOL, hope that peace:swanheart:will be restored!

Ellie

I had this problem with my two girls after Babywas spayed. I think Snuggles was mad at her for leaving andcoming back with an unfamiliar smell. It took me a couple ofweeks to rebond the two. You might want to read up on thebonding sections of the stickied posts. I had to spend a fewminutes each day with them in the empty bathtub (neutral territory)before they started warming up to each other again.

Benny may just be mad at Blossom for "leaving" him. Good luck. I hope all goes well for you.

Laura

How long has it been since she wasspayed? She's probably still in some discomfort and doesn'twant Benny going there. It's usually recommended to keep anewly spayed female from males for 3-4 weeks because of that.I could see letting them get back together sooner if Benny wasn't muchof a humper, but it seems that is not the case.

This happened to mine too. I had kept themmostly seperate beforehand but there was no chasing involved on themale's (Tyr's)part when they were romping. Now that she'sfixed it's a different story. Everytime he comes in view my female(Loki) she'd take off. Looks like I'll have to try the bathtubtechnique if this keeps up.

Let us know how this turns out.

Today, they're acting fine. Benny's laying nextto her cage licking her. As far as Blossom not feeling good....she feltgreat the same day and hasn't slowed down any. I think most of thetroubles are with her b/c she's gotten quite grumpy within the past fewweeks. Last night was going good until she pee'd on the carpet inseveral spots and pooped all in Benny's cage. He didn't like that!He's a good bunny and has never gone anywhere but in hislitterbox. Now Blossom is a different story. There's litter boxes allaround the room just for her. She'll usethemandstill pee everywhere. Everytime she does,Benny thumps the floor and gets unhappy.

I'll just go back to letting them have seperate floor time like beforeand give her some time to get over her hormonal issues. I just hope Ican get her to stop peeing everywhere b/c that upsets Benny. My lastgirl bunny was never like this. She was also spayed very young so thatprobably helped.

Back