Behvaior changed after spay surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegooch69

Reaction score
My Reeses was spayed last Friday and came home Saturday. She is recovering great, seems very relaxed, eats, doesn't appear to be in any pain.

However, she doesn't seem as affectionate towards me as she use to. She use to always hound me to be petted and held. Now she doesn't seem to bother me for anything. She will let me pet her, but doesn't ask for it or seem to enjoy it as much. It's as if she is ignoring me a bit. Is this normal? Is it too early to tell if her normal behavior and personallity has changed?

It's probably just because she is still sore. I've had three girls spayed, and even after they're eating and active like normal they still act a little different for a bit longer. It is a pretty major surgery after all.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just spoil her rotten!

naturestee wrote:
It's probably just because she is still sore. I've had three girls spayed, and even after they're eating and active like normal they still act a little different for a bit longer. It is a pretty major surgery after all.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just spoil her rotten!

haha ok. I would love to spoil her with treats but the vet told me she needs to go on a diet. The vet showed me how much fat they took out during the surgery and it was a lot!

Anyways back on topic, I'll just play with her and see how things develop.

Back