Behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoBunny

Reaction score
Hey there,

My 9 week old mini lop, Taco is never aggressive but he's always sniffing around, running, can't sit still etc.

When he's in his cage he can get very chilled out, laying on his side, I guess perhaps because it's his own cage and he feels comfortable there?

My question really, for those that have older rabbits is: will he mellow out as he gets older? Or have I managed to pick the one high energy lop in existence hehe.

I would say it's rare to find a bunny who ISN'T always busy nosing around inquisitively. It's very normal. He may mellow out as he gets used to his home, routine, and age slows him down, but my bunnies are 2 and still rocketing around like their pant's on fire, so even adults are high-energy it seems.

Ohh! Well i guess that's good to hear that it's normal haha.
I just hope one day he can feel comfy enough to lie like he does in his cage, but outside.

I suppose also at the moment everything is still new to him, only had him 8 days so far :)

Thank you :)

Usually when you first let a rabbit out into an area, they will be quite busy exploring everything, but once they get comfortable and used to it, they often will relax and settle down. Also depends on the part of the day. Rabbits are usually the most active in the morning and evening.

Yeah he's definitely sleepy in the day and bouncy in the evening.
We let him have a little play round the lounge for the first time and he was binkying everywhere! And no accidents (So far) !
He does relax in his cage in the evening though so I think you're right he has to really know a space before he can settle. Fingers crossed :)

Latest posts

Back