Behaviour questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbagdon

Reaction score
i have two baby bunnies about 8 weeks old. Not sure if they are male or female yet. i saw one mounting the other one tonight. does this tell me i have a male and female or could it be a dominance thing? the bunny i think could be male runs around outside the cage more than the other one. i was thinking maybe if i putthem in different cages in different rooms the one that dosen't run around might want to come out of cage more. my daughter would love to see us have baby bunnies but i don't at this time. i was thinking of letting her keep one in her room. thank you.

[align=center]Most likely it is dominance, but I would separate them soon. One could be a male and one could be a female, and I'm sure you would not want baby bunnies at this time as you said... it could be risky for the mother (first-mom thing)... stuff like that as well as the extra care.

Unless they are purebred, I believe they shouldn't be bred (unless there is another important purpose..) There's so many bunnies that need homes, and you would probably have a very hard time finding them good homes for them! (Please don't take offense to this- a lot of people do...) And then you could be stuck with a lot of bunnies!

If your daughter can possibly deal with rabbits digging, drinking, tearing things up, and making other noises in their cage at night, go for it! (But it really depends on the bunny if they're noisy at night.) How old is your daughter?

I have three bunnies all in my room (I have a large room).

If it is dominance, could that be the reason the non dominance one not want to run around outside the cage as much as the other one?

My daughter is 19. She wanted me let them have babies so she could have one. (I don't want babies)I am thinking of letting her just have one of bunnies that i have. (her fish died a few days ago) maybethe non dominant one might come out of cage more.

I don't think my bunnies make alot of noise at night but that dosen't really matter because my daughter is a night owl. LOL

My daughter now has one of bunnies in her room. She has the one that wouldn't play outside the cage and now She(i think it's a she)is running and playing all over her room and even sleeping on my daughters back when she lays on the floor. I think i made the right decision to separate them.

Latest posts

Back