Behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badwolf12345

Reaction score
Moriarty my male rabbit doesn't like being touched much and neither does ava my female she really doesn't like it, how do i get them more use to me?1548455149712.jpeg

Time. Lots of time. And patience.

It appears they are housed outdoors which makes it much more difficult - simply because it is hard to give them enough time to get to know you.

Indoors (which is the only way I've housed rabbits), I open their cage door and set up a pen around that opening so I can sit there too. I sit on the floor with them and they can come out if and when they are ready. Gradually their curiousity take over and they get closer. I ignore them so they don't feel threatened. if I were to try to pet them, they'd just run off and think I'm scary. So I give them time and let them get used to me. This step can take days or weeks -- depending on the rabbits. And it should be daily and for as long as possible.

In time, I can start petting them. I'll be getting to know their body language at the same time -- what do they do when they are ready to be pet (eg. head down as request for grooming)?

It takes persistence and time.

Latest posts

Back