Behavior after neuter...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
So today is 2weeks since our little cookie had his surgery. It wasn't a typical neuter in that he had a lot of scar tissue from a previous batched surgery and it's taken him this whole 2weeks to recover. Therefore, he has been cooped up in his pen for the last 2weeks. Before the neuter he was a house bunny when we were home. So last night he came out for the first time, as he is completely healed now... He is out again this morning, and he is acting very strangely... He always been a super confident rabbit and only rarely thumps when he's mad. But he has been running around thumping and acting really nervous and super cautious! Is this normal behavior just because it's been a while since he's been out? Or could all of his confidence before have been hormone driven? He really was an awesome bun before... And I'm worried that this new nervousness, is "the new" him...

Thoughts :?

I think it's likely due to being cooped up for two weeks. Cookie may be upset at some of the changes (big and small) during the time he was cooped up. ("How dare you change things without my approval and supervision?") He needs to adjust all over again to his home.

The hormones may have contributed to his confidence, but I'm sure it will back in little time. Once Cookie calms down, he'll be running around on your couches with your puppies again.

I'm sure he'll be back to the way he was before the operation. Besides all he's gone through that wouldn't have happened with a normal neutering, the hormones still are going down, so each day he's got to adjust to a new level of them.

Back