Been together over a year!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cardinal

Reaction score
Hello and HELP!

I have two rabbits, male and female both fixed. I paired themover a year ago and they have been in love since then. Forsome reason they have started fighting recently and I dont know what todo. They live in an excercise pen (6'X5') and shareeverything. The fights dont normally last too long but theyfight 5-6 times a day and when they are not fighting they are justignoring each other and ocasionally smelling each other like they dontknow each other. I have been checking them both regularly tomake sure they are not hurting each other and I cant find any big cutsor anything.

Thanks!

Sure seems to be an awfullot of this going around, lately.

Spring, maybe?

Has anything at all changed? Any other bunnies within sensing distance?Has everybunny been healthy? A bit of caution justin case:sometimes when one bunny isn't well, even though it'ssomething we can't see, it seems to sometimes create a rift, so watchclosely for any signs of ailments.

Otherwise, any behavioral experts out there with any clues?

:anyone

RO STAFF 2 wrote:
Has everybunny been healthy? A bit ofcaution just in case:sometimes when one bunny isn't well,even though it's something we can't see, it seems to sometimes create arift, so watch closely for any signs of ailments.
I've heard of this too. I would take them both to the vet fora checkup. Rabbits are very good at hiding illness from us,but they sense it in each other.

They have been sick before. They eachhave their own carrier that they hide in when they dont feel well, soI'm sure thats not it. If they keep it up I will have to takethem to the vet. The only thing that I have changed is- Igave them more space and a new water dish with filtration.Luckily since their enclosure is so big they can easily avoid eachother. This morning they are back to snuggling, which is agood sign, but not a guarantee they wont go back to fighting.I have read in a few places that, while rare, it is possible to have abond break. Have you any idea how I can tell if this is whathappened? They sure seem to be going through the pairing process again.

Latest posts

Back