Been away, back with crazy news

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evansrabbitranch

Reaction score
Well, after working hard with Dragon we felt we just were not giving him the dedication a French Angora needed and that at this time we were better suited to shorthaired breeds. I found a wonderful lady who has frenchies that she adores and she spins with their wool! She fell in love with him and said that if I ever want him back or if I want a different one down the road to contact her and she will do what she can to help me since he will be used to breed more little frenchies.

Here is the shocker that makes me feel so irresponsible. I have 3 human children as well as Dragon and Chinny (well now just Chinny). They sometimes get up before I do and occassionally get into things. I found out yesterday that they had let Chinny and Dragon play together. . . .neither one is altered. I had plans for light breeding off and on so no no plans to spay or neuter. I just had not intended on breeding these two together.

So now I have Chinny and a sweet, fat, healthy litter of 7 kits! I am SO glad I had moved chinny into an x-pen with a litter pan and some fleece blankets. If she had been in a wire bottomed cage the kits would have died on the wire. With her setup she managed a nest of sorts until I found she had babies and fixed up a nestbox.

When Dragon went to his new home his x-pen and things stayed here as she already had cages and things at her place, I am glad she did not need his stuff. I added his floor mat and pen to hers and now she and her little ones have a cage that is 4 foot by almost 8 feet! I washed and gave her all the fleece blankets, both of their rope tossing toys, a box "house", both of his dishes so that when the little ones start eating there will be pleanty of space for everyone.

For those who don't remember or don't know our landlords do not allow us to feed plain hay, says its too messy, so she has a large dish full of hay cubes that she adores. I will be picking up a small bag of regular hay at the store though because the little ones need it for their nest, I just hope Chinny doesn't decide to eat it lol.

I will get photos of the squirmy little ones soon, mostly because something confuses me about 3 of them. They appear to be black with pink bellies and pink triangles at the base of their necks, since they can not be regular Agouti colors does this mean 3 chinchilla babies? Oh I kinda hope so, I adore chinchilla rabbits!

I am not entirely sure what I am going to do with them all, but rest assured they will be cared for with the utmost consideration for their needs.

I have bred in the past and believe me I have heard a lot of people say things like "All of this for a rabbit? Its JUST a rabbit!" That is when they see the door. A lot of care will be taken if we choose to offer any as pets. I do have a few outlets to offer homes to these little ones but I want to see them at 8 weeks old before we choose what to do.

Thank you. The kids realize that it was wrong and that someone might have gotten hurt. I just hope it doesn't happen again. I prefer to do planned breedings when I do, mostly so I can have a nestbox in for the expectant mother and give her different food from the standard fare. They look good so far so I will keep everyone posted.

Latest posts

Back