Been a while, huh?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's been a LONG time since I've come on here or talked with many people on here. I've missed you!

Everything is going well at this end... Solara is still a brat (but sometimes -rarely- lovable), Silas is still a big cuddle-bun, and Sabriel is still his sweet little self. They all still get along and they all have been good.

I have taken up an interest in Taxidermy and Skull Cleaning. I know a lot of people do not like it, and I could never do it to my pets (wouldn't want to) but I do think it is very interesting and it preserves the beauty and spirit of the wild animal instead of them rotting into the ground.

I have cleaned a baby wild rabbit's skull (found dead), some bird skulls (all found dead), and a squirrel in the process (also found dead). It's a dirty job but I love the outcome.

Anyway, I still socialize at GLRS, though it has been limited to every other weekend due to gas prices and the miles on the car. I have started driving again and am well upon my way to getting my drivers license. I will have my license in time for my next semester of College in the fall. I am going for Photography and have gone two semesters so far.

Now... for the news I know you all will be interested in. Well... let these photographs speak for me.

tumblr_m4t1dnqVnR1qilpw0o1_250.jpg
tumblr_m4t1dnqVnR1qilpw0o2_r1_250.jpg

This is Stark. As in, Tony Stark. He is a Dutch x Netherland Dwarf that my cousins found underneath their porch. We assume he was dumped after Easter because they figured he’s been under their porch for a while. He wouldn’t have lasted much longer, he’s a little thin and they live in the middle of no where, surrounded by forests filled with coyotes, foxes, and feral cats and minimal neighbors that they know the rabbit did not come from.

So we took him- `cause everyone knows that I am the bunny-lady. Not that I’m complaining. He’s pretty sweet and friendly.

I kind of want to keep him. My mom doesn’t because he needs to be neutered… and because I have three rabbits already… plus with our incidents...

But I think it might be fate. He looks similar to the first rabbit I almost got (a Netherland Dwarf)… mixed with my favorite rabbit, Sabriel (a Dutch).

Anyway, we’ll see where things take us. First step: call the vet and get a neutering price. I plan to pay for it myself if we keep him.

That is all for now!

melbaby80 wrote:
He is adorable. I would totally keep him lol

That's what I'm saying! He has an AWESOME personality too! (very dutch-y!)

He is adjusting very well. I have all my rabbits in my room and Stark in the guest room. He isn't neutered so I don't want him to get territorial and spray.

I am going to call the Veterinarian tomorrow to see about neutering prices. I really don't want to see him be anywhere else but here XD

Nice to meet you. I'm newish here. Glad to see you back and really nice to see your new bunny Stark! Everybody needs time off, but it's good you came back to enjoy the discussions of everyone's favorite critter...Bunnies.

Good for you for saving Stark from the life of a dumped, neglected bunny. Definitely wouldn't have lasted long where he was.

What a lovely Netherland Face he has. Really looks it from the side pic. His ears are longer than a Netherland and from the front shot, his face looks like my Dobby, who is a Marten.

Love his little white nose.

Congratulations again for being "The Bunny Lady". And look forward to hearing stories of your other buns and How well Stark is settling in. Also would love to see pics of your other bunnies.

K:)

@Karen: Nice to meet you too! Welcome to RO! I used to be very active on here, but Tumblr and such drew me in, plus with starting college and driving... yeah. But I want to be more active!

Heee, I sure hope Stark is thanking me too. I'm sure he enjoyed the freedom, but I'm sure he enjoys the less-cold nights and the more-full belly!

Yeah, someone said he just looked like a poorly bred Netherland Dwarf, but what I'm curious about is why he reminds me so much of my dutch, Sabriel and why they are similar sizes then XD Either way I totally adore him.

Hee, I LOVE being the bunny lady. I lost a couple potential friends because I talk about rabbits a lot (especially when Sabriel had broken his leg a year ago).. but hey, if you can't accept I love some things you may not, then you're not a very good friend, y'know? C:

And I shall add some pictures in a minute~ C:

@Sammy: C:

Solara being curious.
tumblr_m4ufrdhD8u1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

And then becoming her typical anti-social self.
tumblr_m4ufrdhD8u1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

Sabriel getting pets through his pen.
tumblr_m4ufq66d0D1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

And then begging for more!
tumblr_m4ufq66d0D1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

Silas wondering what I am holding.
tumblr_m4ufu0oLTC1qilpw0o1_250.jpg
tumblr_m4ufu0oLTC1qilpw0o2_250.jpg

And then deciding, whatever, I get pets!
tumblr_m4ufu0oLTC1qilpw0o3_500.jpg

And then a bonus of Stark, making himself right at home.
tumblr_m4tozuIhoR1qilpw0o1_400.jpg

tumblr_m4tozuIhoR1qilpw0o2_400.jpg

I think you should keep him! He is adorable!
What i say to my mum is.. I pay for them, their food, vet bills, everything. Then she gives in and lets me get another one :D

Back