Bedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a bag of Natural Critter Care beding for Monster's cause she's old and likes soft things to sit on. As anyone else tried it??
Here's a link to what it is http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10321154

On the back it says "Natural Critter Care is made from reclaimed cellulose fiber. It is free from the aromatic oils that may cause adverse health effects on your pet. It is alos free from harmful chemicals and contaminants, making NCC bedding the safest for your pet and for your family. It is sanitized to 380F, to deduce potential bacteria, mold or fungus. And NCC cellulose bedding is Earth Friendly because it is free from inks, solvents or clays found in many recycled newspaper products. It is fully compostable after use.

So it sounds safe to me, and i right?? Since they don't (monster's or Fluffy) use there litter box i though this stuff would be nice for them.

That looks just like CareFresh, so I'm sure it's good!!

I bet it would be nice to sit on. My hammie loves to make nests in hers, so I know she thinks it's comfy!

Hi there!

I use the same stuff - it is the walmart generic brand of care fresh and they are pretty much the same exact stuff. (Just cheaper at walmart.)

I switched from carefresh to the walmart brand and Bill didn't even really care / notice. And it works just as good.

I've been wondering if this was good and how much is it compared to carefresh? We had to add carefresh to Bo's box to help his hocks. He has one side that, one side woody pet so that he can jump into the softer side and sit there while he poos. LOL! It works tho!

I'd love to save a little on the soft stuff!

i think i'm going to try using it. i've been using carefresh and love it. but at $22 a bag i'm willing to try anything cheaper.

i've always used the white carefresh but i see they have a tanish-brown carefresh - it's like $18 a bag and i was wondering if anyone ever used it and is it basically the same as the white carefresh or does the white carefresh have more odor control or something?

purplepeacock wrote:
i think i'm going to try using it. i've been using carefresh and love it. but at $22 a bag i'm willing to try anything cheaper.

i've always used the white carefresh but i see they have a tanish-brown carefresh - it's like $18 a bag and i was wondering if anyone ever used it and is it basically the same as the white carefresh or does the white carefresh have more odor control or something?
I think white is the ultra carefress and the tanish brown is the regular. I was using the ultra for the litter box and when I switched to critter care (walmart generic) it is the tannish brown stuff and I haven't really noticed a difference at all as well as odor control and all that.

I once used regular CareFresh for my hamster. ICK! :yuck It made his soiled bedding smell awful. So I switched back to Aspen. Which he likes better to nest with. I would try the Wal-mart kind.

yeah....the white is the ultra but bunny pee is pretty rank no matter what it's on. i think i'll try the walmart brand and see how it goes. probably not til after the holidays since i really don't want to go to walmart anytime this next week....elbowing thru the christmas shoppers....lol

Latest posts

Back