Bedding for pet store cage.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
OK, Well I use woodshavings for my rabbits cage. I know that woodshavings is real bad for them so I want to change. I am using a petshop cage currently untill I cn get my c&c cage in september/start of october. I will NOT use woodshavings in that.

Well I am about to clean his cage out now and thinking could I not just use fleece in it now? I know he will more than likely dig the fleece up but would that be any harm? I can just leave the fleece in the cage in a pile? He loves fleece as its the first thing he goes for when hes out in floortime and he will play with it for about two hours straight. But would it be any harm like would he chew it or something?

Or will I just keep with the woodshavings until i get the cage?

Do you have wood pellets over in Ireland? I use them and just love them. Their is no odor, they clean up really easy. Hopefully you can get them over there. Somepeople also use the cat litter made of newspaper formed into pellets. (I forget the name off hand.

Good luck.

Susan:)

Hi,

I also am not a big fan of woodshavings, my buns are kind of allergic to them and it's just so messy and dusty.

Anyways, I use a fleece throw blanket for bedding for both my buns, and they love it! They always flop on them looking all comfortable when they sleep in the afternoon.

They dig it and sometimes chew it, but I've never seen them swallow it. I know several other owners who also use fleece throw blankets too.

Hope this helps, could always check with the vet depending on what the fleece material is too!

If he's in a solid-bottom cage, I wouldn't put any kind of bedding anywhere but the litterbox as I find having it elsewhere just confuses them.

Latest posts

Back