Bed For Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove360

Reaction score
Is this bed okay for rabbits? It is meant for cats, it seems warmer than it is.
They have decided to use the bed i already have for them as a litter box so i'm looking at alternatives - i've seen people using the Ikea doll bed for their rabbits so i might try that too, if you have any other ideas for beds for rabbits, let me know.

cat bed.jpg cat bed 2.jpg
Sorry if this is the wrong forum

Is the bed they already have a plush one too? If so, I would be conscious that they might pee on this one also - quite a few bunnies enjoy peeing on soft furnishings. Other than that, both should be fine as long as you can make sure bunny doesn’t chew and ingest the fabric.

Is the bed they already have a plush one too? If so, I would be conscious that they might pee on this one also - quite a few bunnies enjoy peeing on soft furnishings. Other than that, both should be fine as long as you can make sure bunny doesn’t chew and ingest the fabric.
The bed they have now is a much thinner fabric, they haven't chewed on it so far, only cardboard and their hutch.
Thanks, i'll try it out with them soon anyway and if they use it as a litter box as well i'll just get the ikea bed.

My doe would chew it, pee on it, and proceed to ignore it :)

I gave up buying nice beds for my rabbits. They choose where they want to sleep, and it's always on plain flooring... and usually under something, like a chair, table, or bed. For whatever reason, they have no interest sleeping on a soft, comfortable bed.

The Ikea beds look promising, but I have yet to get one. My rabbits both like the Ikea Hol and sleep in there on occasion.

Is this bed okay for rabbits? It is meant for cats, it seems warmer than it is.
They have decided to use the bed i already have for them as a litter box so i'm looking at alternatives - i've seen people using the Ikea doll bed for their rabbits so i might try that too, if you have any other ideas for beds for rabbits, let me know.

View attachment 38528 View attachment 38529
Sorry if this is the wrong forum
dear bunnylove360,-this is a lovely poop box,and you will not be happy,-try something to hide in-{inverteted cardboard box}-,and a large poop box with timothy grasses-very inexpensive-more suited to their needs,-sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium-rip

dear bunnylove360,-this is a lovely poop box,and you will not be happy,-try something to hide in-{inverteted cardboard box}-,and a large poop box with timothy grasses-very inexpensive-more suited to their needs,-sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium-rip
Once again please keep replies relevant.
OP is looking for replies regarding beds since they already use plush beds. Not getting another litter box.

The store I work at just got wool felted cat caves in stock and I immediately had a flash of “THEY ARE SO CUTE AND MY BUNNIES WOULD LOVE THIS!” I haven’t taken one home (yet) because they’re bloody $90 but if you’re looking for something soft your buns would like to sleep in that’s safe for them, that would probably be the way to go. Wool still wouldn’t be great for them to ingest but felted wool would be much harder for them to eat enough of it to cause problems than a polyester fabric that they could tear open and eat the stuffing inside.

3404326A-2A27-4599-9F9D-35D02C7E69AB.jpeg

The store I work at just got wool felted cat caves in stock and I immediately had a flash of “THEY ARE SO CUTE AND MY BUNNIES WOULD LOVE THIS!” I haven’t taken one home (yet) because they’re bloody $90 but if you’re looking for something soft your buns would like to sleep in that’s safe for them, that would probably be the way to go. Wool still wouldn’t be great for them to ingest but felted wool would be much harder for them to eat enough of it to cause problems than a polyester fabric that they could tear open and eat the stuffing inside.

Wow, that's expensive. But... something like that with more than one entrance/opening would be awesome for rabbits, assuming it's stiff material or has some sort of internal structure to keep the cave upright.

I have found that beds are always hit or miss. I've tried many types and some they start chewing up right away. Others they seem to be fine with for months and then they start chewing on them. I had one bed that the bunnies never seemed to chew but I have no idea why. I tried to get a larger one just like it since it seemed rather small for both buns but never found one.

This is the one they both liked but, as you can see, it is rather small for two!
upload_2018-11-4_12-51-5.png

I even tried an expensive (but on clearance!), sturdy dog bed that had a real tough, canvas-like fabric. It worked for quite awhile before they decided to chew it. Here is that one... (you can see where they started destroying it)
upload_2018-11-4_12-53-32.png

My bun personally doesn’t like soft beds, she prefers to lie on the hard floor - saves me a bit of money I guess!

Wow, that's expensive. But... something like that with more than one entrance/opening would be awesome for rabbits, assuming it's stiff material or has some sort of internal structure to keep the cave upright.

It’s expensive because it’s individually hand made by women in a poor country as a source of income etc etc natural wool with lanolin still on it environmentally friendly all natural colouring etc etc

You can get felted cat caves for much less, these are expensive for reasons beyond their material.

It’s kinda hard to explain if you’ve never seen felted wool before... it’s flimsy, in that it’ll collapse if a bun were to hop on top of it, and it won’t pop back up on its own, but it pretty much will stay in whatever shape you put it in as long as there’s not a lot of weight on it. So one of the cat caves is a snowy owl that has a distinct head that always looks a little droopy, as it’s reaching the upper limit of how high wool can be felted to without collapsing under its own weight. But most cat caves hold their shape alright.

Think of if you had a huge ball of bunny fur, and you rolled it between your palms until it became a small, firm ball, or a long rope. That’s essentially felting, but with more finesse and skill. It’s a bunch of fur deliberately matted into a functional shape.

But yeah probably they’d be more attractive to bunnies if they had two exits.

Latest posts

Back