Bebe getting spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
Everything is set.

Bebe is a 4 year old Holland doe. The doctor doesn't think her age is too much of a problem for the operation. All she said was being an older rabbit, Bebe might take longer to recover.

Bebe will be dropped off Tuesday by 8:30am by my wife. Therewill get a pre-check up and thesurgery after that. Sheis tobe fed normallyat nightand food will accompany her to the clinic, as the vet will encourage her to eat after the procedure.
The stitches will be the dissoluble type, andI willpick her up by 5:30 pm. Pain medicine or antibiotics will be provided depending on her condition.

Pre-Checkup $45.00

Spay $170.00

Pain killers extra

A healthy bunny priceless

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Pre-Checkup $45.00

Spay $170.00

Pain killers extra

A healthy bunny priceless

hehe too cute. :bow

I'll say a prayer that everything goes well for Bebe tomorrow and that she hasa speedy recovery.

Keep us posted. We'll be thinking of you Bebe :pray:

Do you know if your vet has the stuff that they give them to encourage eating? That's always a good thing to do I think.

Good luck little BeBe!

I will be bringing in all her favourite foods. From fresh vegs, pellets, treats, oats, flaxseed, sunflower seeds and hay.
Actually Bebe eats everything I give her, so hopefully she continues to eat.

Yeah, bo is the same way, but there's something they give them - a medicine - that somehow stimulates their eating. Our vet gives it to all bunnies before spay/neuter or anything else really..... I have no clue what it is tho.

Hi,

Please DO NOT allow this bunny to go home without pain meds. Would you like to have your insides removed without pain meds? I wouldn't. I have never used antibiotics after any surgery but the girls (and boys)are always on appropriate pain meds to at least 3 days.

And that sounds like a good price for a proper surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recover to Bebe.

Randy

i whole heartedly agree with Randy. Get pain med for your Bebe, you want to make sure that she is comfortable and pain free so that she gets back to eating immediatley. i had Bruprenex (sp?) , and i gave it to her for about 3 days like Randy said and it made a difference because when i was late on giving it to her i defintely noticed a difference. They werent going to give me anything at first :shock: until i told them that THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE ME SOMETHING :biggrin2:. When i had my male nuetered they also werent going to give me anything , the receptionist told me that it is a little insicions, blah, blah, blah, so i informed her that any surgery has the possibility of pain and i didnt want to take any chance that he was going to be in any pain and stop eating.

good luck and try not to worry too much, i know impossible but try,lol

I think everything went quite well.

Bebe is resting comfortability. She had abit of cilantro, and drank alot of water from a syringe.

I got two pain killers to be used over 4 days.
The first one is Metacam, to be syringed once daily for 4 days.
The second is Torbugesic (pain killer and anti-inflammatory) to be syringed 3 times a day, for 4 days.

Sounds like Bebe will be alright ;)

When I got Butter back after his neuter, they gave me a bottle labelled 'Torb/Val' which I'd imagine is short for Torbugesic and Valium.
Hopefully, she'll feel better soon! :)

~Diana and Butter

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I think everything went quite well.

Bebe is resting comfortability. She had abit of cilantro, and drank alot of water from a syringe.

I got two pain killers to be used over 4 days.
The first one is Metacam, to be syringed once daily for 4 days.
The second is Torbugesic (pain killer and anti-inflammatory) to be syringed 3 times a day, for 4 days.
Please give her a gentle nose rub from me! I'm so glad she's home! How's the other little one doing?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
How's the other little one doing?
Pebbles is enjoying a sweet fresh strawberry. :biggrin2: I'll see if Bebe is willing to try one.

Pebbles is still sneezing but that hasn't dampered her. There are no news about the culture test yet. :?

Latest posts

Back