Beach Party

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

Hi Folks!

For those that were curious and thinking about us, we had a Bunderfultime yesterday!! :dude: The party kicked in around 1:00, the weatherwas absolutely beautiful. We all met at my place and had a feast offabulous food and drinks, then we went down to the lake. Everyoneabsolutely loved the lake. One of the girl's husbands had said to herbefore their arrival, "Ya know, I don't talk Rabbit Talk." *laughs*Believe me, he fit right in and was as comfortable as the rest of uswith each other.

All rabbits were well-mannered and well-behaved except for...youguessed it, Tucker Bucker! :? Mr. Attitude King wasn't quite sure whathe thought of all of this fuss going on with all the other bunnies ashe was looking on. Although he didn't care for much attention wheneveranyone went to him, he also didn't care for the attention and love allthe WELL BEHAVED bunnies were getting. He made a liar of me with howinteractive he is. Little Stinker! You'd think the host would be a bitmore hospitable, but not my Tucker. Spoiled little brat that he is. Hethinks he's the only rabbit on earth, or he should be.

We didn't take many pictures, sorry to say. We were so caught up in ourvisit and the excitement of rabbits and meeting each other that thepictures seemed unimportant at the time. The people that came aren'tregular visitors of this board, but rather were primarily known to usby the old Rabbits Only forum.

Of course it wasn't suggested or expected, but we all had gifts foreach other and that made it a lot of fun because we all went home witha souvenir.

The scrapbooks, binders, books, stories of both happy and sad weretossed about. We spoke of our bunnies over the Rainbow Bridge down tothe bunnies we've yet to have in our futures.

The people that came are amazing people, just as kind, gentle, loving,and fun as they are in their emails-if not more. It was sad to see itcome to an end, but we all know that we'll certainly be seeing eachother again in our future travels.

Thank you all for your well wishes, thoughts, and kind notes of supportfor the party. All good time was had by everybun, I can assure you allof that. :dude:

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, Thanks for theupdate. We were there in spirit! Soundslike everyone had a great time except maybe poor littleTucker. Do you think that there will be anotherone? Any way it is something to think about for thefuture. Thanks so much forsharing. We missed you all on the board but knew that you were having a greattime! Beckie

Hey Carolyn, sounds like you guys had such a nice time! I'm sorry I couldn't make it!

Poor Tucker, how dare you make his royal highness socialize amungstother bunnies! Sounds like him and Sherman could be the best of friends:)

I will definetly try my best to come the next time you have one!!! this year as just been hectic for me.

Thanks for the wonderful story and update!

Glad you all had a good time!

Hey, how about next time we have it in Alberta. ;)lol, then I might be able to come with one of my bunnies!

There you go again Carolyn, trying to convince us that sweet angelic Tucker was a brat. Tsk tsk! Poor little Tucker! :p

Laura, Mocha, & Spice

Awesome Carolyn,

Thanks for taking the time to share the day with us -- I really enjoyed the post :)

Pam

Carolyn, great to hear that you all had awonderful time (as I knew you would)! I tell you, there areno people like bunny people!!!

As soon as I woke up I ran straight down here to read the details! :D

I'm so sorry that my sweet, wonderful, adorable,irresistible,angel bunny, Tucker-Bucker wasdistressed! Poorlittle honey lamb. Give him an extra carrot in his crock forhis midnight snack tonight along with a GREAT BIGHUG from his favorite"auntie"!;)

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
Poor Tucker, how dare you make his royal highness socialize amungstother bunnies! Sounds like him and Sherman could be the best of friends:)

BOL!!!

lol dajeti2, did you mean we missed Carolyn and the other peopleor Tucker and the other rabbits? :p

Hi! Carolynand Tucker:D

I'm glad you had a good at your beach party.Your stinker Tucker didn'twant to be socilable.I think Your Tucker likes all the attention to himself and no attention to the other bunnies.Maybe Tucker needs acheck-up with Dr.Pepper(laugh).

butbut but..........you were suppose to take LOADS ofpictures....awwww~honestly though, glad a good time was had by all(well, cept maybe Tucker butmaybe he was having a bad hareday?) couldnt help it sorry....

WAY to go Carolyn, glad it was asuccess nowyou twoshould relax and enjoy the memories of such an event!Next one, Iam hoping I will bethere!

with(of course) the two princesses..Jade nJezebel

Cherwrote:
awwww~honestly though, glad a goodtime was had by all (well, cept maybe Tucker butmaybe he washaving a bad hare day?) couldnt help it sorry....

BOL!!! ("onthe floor laughing")

Hi Carolyn

Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish I could have come along, bitof a long way to come from the UK though! Wish someone would organisesomething over here although doesn't seem to be many of us!

Am coming over to the US in September for 3 weeks but will be in Florida, guess thats a long way from all you guys?

Sue, Crunchie & Benjy

Myself and Mrs. Buck just returned from a mostenjoyable weekend in CT. Carolyn isa mostthoughtful and accomplished hostess, in addition tobeing an excellent moderator here on the forum. The lake(Ican't pronounce the name) is quite beautiful and serene and all of usagreed it was an excellent choice for the first Beach BunniesParty.:cool:

I was able to meet with and talk to individuals I have been"internetting" with for three, four, five years and it was just as Isuspected it would be. We all got along, almost like family,maybe better than family, now that I think of it, 'cause we were all onthe same rabbit wave length and there was no need to "explain" ourproclivity for buns, but just to swap stories, as Carolyn said, bothhappy and sad. Many of the stories had been sharedin almost real timewhen they occurred as we were each at theend of our own computers in the past. Now was the time forhugs, and fond farewellsfor departed buns, and all the funnystories about them.

If there was any negative aspect to the party, it was that one day wastoo short to share all the stuff we might have, but most partyattendees had penciled in the day only, and had to return home to othercommitments. That might be something to consider for the nextparty if that comes to fruition.

Consensus was that the bunch of bunnies in attendance were allbeautiful and got humongous hordes of attention, loves, pets, andhugs. Some buns were even gracious enough to dispense some"chucks"(teeth chattering/purrs) and kisses. Our three buns,Missy, the house rabbit, Calbert, the California transplant rabbit, andnewly adopted, Fauna, enjoyed themselves so much they simply refused tocome home with us!:shock:

Missy andFauna were seen to be making moon eyes over TuckerBucker, and California Calbert enjoyed the CT mountain air so much thathe rolled his head back in most amusing manner, just sucking upthesmells. All threeput up such a fuss,we left them with Auntie Carolynat her place, which has nowbeen aptly renamed from Tucker Lane, to Tucker Town. Theycompared staying at Tucker Town to kids going to summer camp, and as wewill be leaving for an extended trip to California in the near future,we agreed, although, we think those does are so smitten with Tuckerthat somebunny may never return to NJ. Don't know thatCalbert will be so quick to return either, but if you love them enough,you will let them go to where they can get all the love and attentionthey deserve.;)

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to meet other rabbit fanciers faceto face, Carolyn. It was a great time and the rain cloudsjust sailed right over us, didn't they? Hooray for the BunnyGods!

Buck

Oh, wow! Thanks for thiswonderful update,Buck! I knew that this was going to be an event to remember.I can just see all the little bunnies interacting and havingthe time of their lives and feel the camaraderie between the bunny momsand dads. I almost feel like I was there.

It doesn't surprise me that Carolyn is a hostessextraordinaire. With the personality that she's exhibited onthis board I'd expect nothing less. :)

She'sso lucky to experience a multi-bun household! I'm too jealous for words. :(

Looking forward to periodic news reports from Tucker Town, USA. :D

Minda

No we're not bringing buns with us bit of a long way to take them!Notice you are in Jacksonville, is that very far from Miami or Orlandowhich is where we are staying?

Sue

It occurred to me that some of you might bewondering what transpired regarding efforts to use rabbits as druglocating animals. My police officer friend said his idea waspooh-poohed by higher officials for several reasons, not the least ofwhich was the "poor image" it would present for law enforcement...notmacho enough, eh?

Those of us who were involved in discussion about it tended to agreethat it was doubtful rabbits could stay focused enough on one substanceto be of much value, as they seem to have relatively short attentionspans for anything other than that which they are primarily interested.

So...it seems there will never be any FBI bunnies. Now, Iwonder if the CIA would be interested in rabbits that...............LOL;)

Buck

Back