Baytril

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
A few questions.

What is the treatment for ear infections? (I was told Baytril, but I want to check.)
It does NOT appear to be pasturella (no sign of snot present. Just insane itching at ears, and a slight tilt at times.)

Will this kill the babies in a pregnant rabbit?
If it does, will the doe still be breedable?

I've let this problem go too long in my favorite/most promising junior. She's always been a little off, and now I'm just mad. I was hoping it would go away, and I'd be able to send her to convention... It's obvious that I wasn't going to be able to. Now that she's in a senior coat, and in condition, she's just AWESOME. D=

Anywho, a week ago i bred her. she's just over 5 months.

Ideas?

r u sure it isnt ear mites?

EXCUSE my typing I am so sorry about that. I meant Are you sure is itsn't ear mites?

If its ear mites you can just put a couple of drops of ivermectin in the ears. Revolution is used for ear mites in cats off label not sure about rabbits but i did use revolution for the hairless spots on my bunnies so i know its rabbit safe. On cats we use topically and it will treat the ear mites. I will ask a friend about treating ear infections if it is one.

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
Will this kill the babies in a pregnant rabbit?
If it does, will the doe still be breedable?
No It wont kill the babies in a pregnant doe and she will be breed-able.

Latest posts

Back