bathing my Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyon

Reaction score
hello, long time since i last post here! hehe.

anyways, i need some help with bathin of my bunny!

i know tt rabbits dun need to bath, but sometimes in some months i do bath it once only.

but i need to know what is the proper way to use water to bath it.. dou just put it in a tub with warm water and rinse it or wad with therabbit shampoo?

do u need to use cotton buds to cover the ear to preven the water fromgoing in? cos i saw from my local tv from singapore tt they put itinside the bunny's ears.. wonder if anyone tried it before?

thanks! =D

Hello Riyon,

For bathing your bunny you could try some bunny dry bath powder.Dunking your bunny in water is not such a great idea, some bunnies arescared of the water and you need to make sure that they are dryproperly after getting water on them.

You do not put any cotton buds in bunnies ears when you do this that can be dangerous.

This is the bunny bath powder we use, you can get it from pet stores ifyou can't find any there maybe you could ask your vet for some.

100_0195640x480.jpg

What you do is brush your bunny gently then sprinkle some powder onyour bunny, rub it in gently and then brush out the excess and you willhave a nice smelling bunny.;)

I find it works well and is safer than water for buns.

Goodluck :)

I would say do not bath your bunny, and if youdo do not use rabbit shampoo whatever you do. I bathed liquorice in BobMartens rabbut shampoo and she died the same day. The vet said sheprobably suffered nerve damage from the insecticide in the shampoo, andshe was very unhappy about getting wet and then being dried off. Thereason I did this was because she had a soiled bottom and was in dangerof fly strike, I had just washed the dirty area before with alittle soap and that worked fine, butI had to go and try todo better when she got dirty again . A big mistake please do not dothis yourself. She was a big black Lionhead with a great personality ,not pushy but verey confident.

The other thing I learnt from this is do not overfeed your rabbit, Sammy gets some cereal but mostly lives on hay and grrass.

Hello. I wouldn't bathe your bunnyunless absolutely necessary. I noticed in the photo in theother thread that he has white feet, if they are dirty and that's whyyou are cleaning him, you can clean the feet with a mix of water andvinegar. If you are washing his butt because he has somestuck poops, you first have to address the reason for the stuck poopsand then give him a butt bath. When I did Anissa's butt, Iheld her in a towel and my Mom helped bath her. We got asmuch off as possible with baby wipes and then used unscented babyshampoo on her butt. We didn't immerse her at all, but ratherused a cup and slowly poured the water over. Make absolutelycertain that you get all the soap out.

Jen

I think you can also use baby wipes to clean hisfeet and butt if you need to. Correct me if I'm wrong,please.:D I haven't had to do any bunny baths yet.Also, you can use wipes that are made for cats. Since catsgroom themselves too, anything made to wipe on cat fur *should* be safe.

yea.. i know its not advisable to bath it.. hehe..

so i wipe his body with a wetwarmcloth instead in the end..

Latest posts

Back