Bathing bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosebunny

Reaction score
:)Hi, everyone! I haven't been on for a long while! I want to bathe my little Alona (Champagne d'Argent). Would someone please advise me the best way to do this? Not sure how she'll handle the water. She's an outdoor bunny in the summer/indoor in colder temps. She really seems to need a bath. Thank you!

What is your reason for wanting to give her a bath? Is she dirty - and if so, where at?

Rabbits really do not like water, and it is very stressful for them. I suggest that you take some baby wipes, perhaps, and clean her up that way, or use a wet brush? If she's just dirty, then you can wipe that off easily with a washcloth, etc.

Rabbits are generally clean animals, and don't require baths. The dry bath stuff can damage their fur, as well as regular water baths. ;)

The only time I put my rabbits in water is if they have a wet, matted bum, and that's ONLY if it must be done. In that case, I just put their hind end in, or use a warm wash cloth and a brush to clean them up the best I can.

Emily

Alona is a beautiful champagne colour. She has a nice 6' x 8' outdoor area under the deck. We built her a nice house shelter inside her area. She however decided to make her house her toilet area:?and sleeps in it often. Her beautiful fur is now urine stained because of that. She loves being sprayed by some water outside which makes me think she will be fine with a small bath to remove the stains.

Inside the house during winter her toilet habits are very good, I might add.

Here is what she looks like without the stains.

Picture377.jpg

Latest posts

Back