Bathing Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tango

Reaction score
Hi all.. i was just wondering if its possible toclean you bunnies. my pup always manages to get dirty! plus he tends towee and then stand all in it so his paws get a bit yucky!! i'd imaginebunnies don't like water very much, but i just wondered if anyone hadany suggestions on how to clean pup up a bit!!!

thanks..

May :sweep

Rabbits are very clean animals and don't need tohave baths. Putting you rabbit in water can be very stressfuland it can cause a heart attack. I don't recommend it.

You can do a dry bath. Check out this article:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/buttbath.html

You have to be very careful with water baths. There are waysto do it that only gets the dirty area (usually the butt)wet. The 4th edition of the House Rabbit Handbook haspictures of disabled rabbits being given wet baths in several differentways. But you don't want to just put the rabbit inwater. They can panic and hurt themselves.

Bun-Bun some times does very good in the bathtub. Go buy some Super Pet "Squeeky Clean" bunny shampoo if you'd liketo wet bath them. I don't put him in water, instead I use the showerhose to wet and rinse him off. Make sure you get a rubber place mat inthe bath tub so he won't slip and fall, and it's best to clip theirnails before bathing them, cause you/he could break one.
I give bun-bun 2 baths a year.

hi!

thanks so much for the advice. thats exactly what i was wondering. waspretty sure you couldn't bath a bun like you might a big dog. wouldnever dream of soaking pup (yes, thats my rabbit) in water!thanks so much will give it a try. its really just his paws and he hasno problem standing ankle deep in his water bowl the whole time somaybe i'll try something along those lines! thanks so much!

may!

hey thanks a million!

excellent article!extremely useful!:great:I think i will start by trying just wetting his paws.maybe even with wet cloth to start with or something! thanks so much!

May

I rarely, but have in the past given partial bath to my buns... to clean their tushies ;)

I have immersed one of my buns once. all over. a mini rex rabbit, wet,looks scary. don't do it, even if just because it looks scary.

Latest posts

Back