Basket Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
It's PARK Time!

Into my basket I go...not even phased.
elf%205-25%20007.jpg

Hey! What's out there?

elf%205-25%20006.jpg

Hmm...objects in the mirror may appear smaller......

elf%205-25%20008.jpg

Ya know, this really doesn't look all that difficult.

elf%205-25%20009.jpg

Move over, Dad! I'm Drivin'!

elf%205-25%20011.jpg

Ahhhh the park at last...and MY tree.

elf%205-25%20016.jpg

elf%205-25%20017.jpg

That is SO COOL, Elf Mommy!

Thanks for taking me along. :dude:

-Carolyn

awwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so so so cute!!!!!!!!

it makes me want to take my lil bun bun out.

are those harnesses pretty safe??? ive ben concidering buying one, but i worry about my little gizmo getting loose.....

[suP]Thanks for joining us for the ride :)[/suP]

[suP]I have used the harnesses on all ofthe bunnies I've owned. I feel much safer with the harnesses thancollars around their necks. Rule of thumb, if the bunny's head can fitthrough it, the rest of the body can squeeze through (even my plump bun;)). I also love the cloth harnesses I've seen posted here on theboards. I did have a kitten harness on her when she was younger, butshe grew out of the smallest one and isn't large enough for the mediumone. This is one made for bunnies, and it's very easy to put it on her,and is adjustable to boot. [/suP]

[suP]Elf absolutely adores going to thepark. We sit surrounded by young children. Elf stretches out so theycan all pet her back. It's always a teaching/learning experience forthe kids, and their parents too. It is always such a joy to have fouryear olds look at you with that oh-so-serious four-year old look andask things like, "But how do you get her in the car if she doesn't likebeing picked up?" :D[/suP]

[suP]Minda[/suP]

ha ha ha! kids are so funny!!

thanks for the info about the harness. i have one more quick questionabut it though if you dont mind. you said if the head can fit throughit. so can the rest of the body. well, how do you put the harness onthe rabbit and how do you know that its tight enough so that they cantescape, but not overly tight?

thanks! :)

Great pics, Elf Mommy! Elf is such a sweetie pie.

You really captured the essence of the trip in your photos.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I fit the harnessmore snugly around her chest, behind her front feet than I do aroundher neck. In most cases, rabbits will try to "escape" not by runningforward, but by backing up to shrug themselves out of the harness. Thepart of the harness around the chest prevents them from shrugging out.It gets "caught" on their front legs. The part of the harness aroundher neck keeps the part around her chest from just slipping off herback legs. OK, I'm rereading that and I'm not sure it makes sense.Maybe someone can make it a bit clearer.

In any case, I never ever ever ever leaveher unsupervised on the lead. If she even starts to look like she'sgoing to try to back up and shrug out of it, I stand close to her soit's not possible. If she continues to back up, I pick her up for aminute or two, and then set her back down when she's calm. I startputting a harness on my buns as soon as I get them, so they areaccustomed to them from the time they are with me. However, if you'restarting late, and you need to get them used to how a harness feels,you may want to put the harness on the bun in the house or in anenclosed area outside. Wrap up the leash so it's not trailing behindthem to get caught on something, and let them hop about a bit for alonger and longer period of time each day without you pulling on it.Then start to hold the leash for short periods of time, until they areused to you being at the other end.

Minda

What wonderful pictures!! Elf is such a sweetie!She kind of reminds me of Megan only much bigger!! Not that your bun isbig, Meg is just tiny..:)

Latest posts

Back