Basil got neutered yesterday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad kelpie

Reaction score
He was supposed to go in in the morning so I called at 1:15 to see if he was ready, they weren't able to do it in the morning but were getting him ready when I called. At around 3:30 they called to say he was awake and eating already. I went to get him shortly after. He has had no problems. He was a little more mellow than usual yesterday, but today he's running and jumping and eating everything, like usual.

I know people get worried when their rabbits need surgery, so I thought I'd post a positive experience.

I love my vet. He's not a "rabbit vet" or even an exotics vet. About 13 years ago, I had a baby chinchilla (actual chinchilla, not chinchilla rabbit), break his leg. I called all of the "exotics" vets around and none would even look at him. I finally called my dog vet and he not only would look at him, but had operated on chinchillas. The baby needed an amputation. He was cared for so well.

I was charged $85 for Basil's neuter, and when I asked about spaying the girls, they said it'd be about the same.

Glad everything went well, and kudos for having a Vet your confident in. I know I have unshakable confidence in my Vet so it's less stressful when a thing like surgeries come up.

Back