Barnaby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTbunnies

Reaction score
Im taking Barnaby to the vets this evening as heisnt eating
embarassed.gif

He usually munches his hay and food down as soon as I put it in hiscage and stares at me for more but he isnt interested in it at all.

Hes a house guinea pig who only goes out (along with the bunnies)whenits warm and we are outside with them. Lukily he needs his nailsclipping and I dont like to do it myself so the appointment at the vetswas already made.

I really dont know what could be wrong with him. He just isnt his usualbubbly self, he isnt bubbling at all which he always does, especiallyto my mum who he loves to bits.

I know i'll need to get some science recovery to srynge feed him if hecontinues to not eat. Just have to see what the vets say. I dont wantto lose him so soon after Cammie.
cry.gif

For the time being I have put him in his own room.

Siobhan xxx

Oh Siobhan, you're having it pretty rough lately,aren't you. Perhaps Barnaby may just be feeling the heat - it's notoften we get warm days like the last few. I hope the vet canhelp out. Let us know

Jan

Hi Siobhan,

I'll be praying for you and Barnaby. I sure hope the vet canhelp. Keep us posted. You must be beside yourselfwith worry.

-Carolyn

I hope he will be ok. We used to keep guinea pigsbut had too many pass on and gave up on having them. For meit seemed like piggies would get sick and pass without much warning buti did have luck once when i got one to the vet in time enough and shegot medicene and i use a dropper for water and blended its food and fedit like that. I was so proud of myself when she got better.She ended up passing a few years later of the same problem. aupper resportary infection and the last time didnt repond to mediceneand my help.

Let us know how he is doing. Hope he pulls through.

Cristy

Hi everyone,

Well the vet said that she could find nothing medically wrong with himso I have to feed him the science recovery untill he starts eatingagain. She thinks the best thing to do for him is to get him eatingagain and then to have his teeth checked properly under generalanaesthetic.

Yesterday he had some water from the bottle on his own and when I putsome of the science recovery in his cage when I went to bed he had a goat it.

He is taking it well from the syringe when I give it to him.

I personally think it is coinsidence but someone suggested he could bepining for Cammie. They were little friends although they never cameout of their cages together. Barnaby used to "bubble" at her while shesat on top looking down at him. This was everyday when Cammie had herplaytime. I mentioned this to the vet and she said that the next stepfor when he starts eating is to get him a playmate as soon as, if hehas no teething problems.

With him being a boar, I have been told by a guinea pig "expert"(someone i talk to on a chinchilla forum) that he wont accept anotherbut yesterday I bought a baby guinea pig (he is being housedseperately) who I will try and introduce to Barnaby as play mate whenhe comes out of his cage for play time, when he is better. He is calledBerty and when I was getting both out of their boxes Barnaby came overto him, gave him a sniff and didnt mind at all. I didnt let him havefull on contact with Berty just incase.

We'll i'm off to give Barnaby another feed!

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes,

Siobhan xxx

Latest posts

Back