Barking Mad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorkysMom

Reaction score
They had a segment on yesterday afternoon abouta bun that kept escaping...so they decided to get "FiFi" a friend (Fifiwas a male..lol)...anyway they went and got him a friend...and showedthat you bond them using food. I thought that was odd....andthey made it sound so simple. Kinda alarmed me...hope no onehas took that serious and ran into major trouble as we all know its notalways so simple!

Other than that it was a cute segment! Anyone seen it?

I wish I had seen that show! Don't they know that two rabbits are double the trouble? :foreheadsmack:

What did they say about bonding with food?

-Carolyn

I dont get aniimalplanet here as they putout some rather questionableadvice and some of their showsare more abusive than waht htey claimto be shutting down . I agreethat it was Bad informationand bad choice to broadcast the bit on using foodas a bonding material , what a great wayto get a really vicious fight started !.

As for Eacapee Rabbits I have one ofthose cute little fur ballslol, that reminds me I must check this morning and see ifthe Harmness clip worked or ifshe was able to work that off too .

They had the female in the cage and stuck anapple between the carrier bars and had the male come over, and all theysaid was sharing food was a way to bond them. I didn't getit...that was really all they said......

:ponder: Hmmm....

Well it's interesting, not sure it would work. Would like totalk to someone that it has worked with. I wonder if they gotlucky and the two rabbits just naturally hit it off.

I hate it when I miss the Animal Planet shows that featurerabbits. They're so few and far in between. I'llhave to keep an eye out for it because I know they runrepeats. Thanks for the heads-up on it.

-Carolyn

gypsy
As for Eacapee Rabbits I have one ofthose cute little fur ballslol, that reminds me I must check this morning and see ifthe Harmness clip worked or ifshe was able to work that off too .

When we got a new cage, my wife was worrying about the rabbits gettingthe cage open, so I got her a quick clip. Then she wasworried they would get the quick clip open, so I got her a luggage lockand said if they got that open we don't have a prayer.:p

i saw that putergeekgirl! i was wondering whythey didnt mention about spaying/neutering BOTH of thembecause he wasnt fixed, so it would never really work. they got thefemale from the shelter, so she was spayed but thats why he wouldntleave her alone.. very irresponsible. its going to make some peoplethink you can get a female/male bothunaltered and not haveany babies :mad:

I've heard of giving rabbits salad or treatsduring bonding sessions. If that female was Mocha, she wouldhave been too busy trying to hurt the other bunny to pay attention tothe treat.

Latest posts

Back