Bangbang- recovered from surgery and up to no good

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bangbang

Reaction score
Since Bangbangs surgery she's become quite naughty!! When its bed time and i try to tell her she needs to go to bed she boxes us!!!!!! She's become very territorial of her room and when i try to tidy up she nips at me.....

Anyadvice its quite terrifying :?

Secondly she's also decided not to use her tray, any links to re-training her? She will wee in her tray and outside of her tray and on the guinea pigs cage :grumpy:

Perhaps she's upset because of the surgery. She might have had to be handled more for medicine, and she probably didn't like that.

For now, I'd let her return to her cage when she wants, or gently herd her in at bedtime. Let her our of the cage when you clean it. I lock up my two at night, and if I'm lucky, there will be a time point during the evening when both are in the cage, and I can just lock them up then.

When she's out she stays with us so i cant do that, i try to herd her in but she turns around and chases me!!!! She's never been like this before!
I was cleaning her cage when she was out free roaming but she comes into the room and goes for me!!!!!

Bayou got insanely territorial about his cage after his neutering. No idea what it's about. I usually just try to distract him or block off part of the room while I clean his cage so he can't get to me.

Yeah she had surgery on her bladder so its not like its hormonal. She was living at my parents and since the surgery came to live at mine and i think she's just decided the whole place is her hahaha.

She could just be feeling rotten too and isn't getting her own way--Bangbanb strikes me as a bunny that likes to be in charge!

Did she have a lot of free roam at your parents' house? Was her lifestyle a lot different there? It could be now that she's in a new territory she's trying to claim it as her own, especially if she's being given more freedom now.

Also, as far as the surgery goes, she may be feeling crummy post surgery and that's why she's more sensitive, OR she could be feeling better now that she's had her issue cleared and feels feisty enough to fight for what she thinks is her territory. Did she have stones? If so, the pain and discomfort could have been attributing to what seemed more like a docile temperament. Bladder sludge and crystals can be present long before stones and cause some discomfort. Bladder stones can also form over longer periods and cause discomfort long before you notice signs.
If not stones, a tumor could be similar.

Latest posts

Back