Quantcast

Banana? for rabbits?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was wondering how many here have bunnies that think banana slices are a treat?

I have a homesteading type of friend that has a house rabbit and posted it just loved banana slices, so this seems so strange to me.

So, I was wondering about your bunnies and bananas.

katiecrna

Reaction score
I'm not sure you question but my rabbit loves bananas, most rabbits do. But all fruits are high in sugar so we only use them as treats for bunnies.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rabbits just go bananas for bananas!! :wiggle

[A 1" slice of banana is the most a rabbit should eat on any given day.]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae53AvCQ2G0&index=1&list=PLWVNGtRUDQPtlkeT6hgf-AH19uU0Lz1tW[/ame]

Last edited:

samoth

Reaction score
I tried banana once, but neither were interested.

But, to be fair, my rabbits are about as picky and unwilling to try new food as I am, so I can't hold it against them.

Aki

Reaction score
I don't give any fruit whatsoever. My rabbits are the kind of rabbits who will gain a pound just looking at them. Also, my old girl has fragile guts and I'm wary of too much sugar regarding GI stasis. But banana, like a lot of fruits, is fine as long as you only give a little bit. Some people make a mix of deshydrated fruit slices like kiwi, banana and apple and give them as treats and it's a lot better than any commercial treats you can buy.

Munha

Reaction score
My rabbit won't eat fresh banana at all but she LOVES freeze-dried banana. She's a very picky eater though!

Baracuda56

"Love My Buns"
Reaction score
All the rabbits we had in the past and present love/loved banana's but we only gave 1 dried slice at a time as a treat.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is so neat. I always thought Rabbits were only herbs and veggies eaters. Neat to know that many like fruits. I learn from you all.

Whiterabbitrage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rabbit likes banana too. I think she enjoys the peel even more. But bananas will never take the place of Craisins. I get the low sugar type of Craisins. She just goes mental for them.

doodlebugger

Reaction score
All of our bunnies go crazy for banana slices, except our one recently adopted rescue bunny who hates them! We only give them with medicine or as a once a day treat, and they get just a tiny slice since they are so high in sugar.

Latest posts