bald spot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theilian

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed a rather large bald spot onmy Manny Jr. It's long (rather than round), about 2 inches orso. And it's on the back of her head, but no where else. The skin looksfine, doesn't seem to be irritated, and I don't see any scab. Sheoccassionally scratches herself but I haven't seen her scratch thatarea.

What's causing the bald spot? Should I be worried?

BTW, Cleo, who's sharing everything with ther, doesn't have a bald spot.

Thanks in advance.

I,m wondering if it could be some kind of miteone of my guinea pigs had exactely the same problem with no irritationit was easily treated by a medicine you give them on a spoon you haveto get it from the vets

Ya I was thinking the same thing...mites...

Watch him closely because my rabbit had the same thing and then hescrated it so bad that it started bleeding and we had to go to the vetfor a cream for it and we ended up spending $100! :shock: So just watchhim closely :)

~Amy

My bunny had the same thing... We just decidedthat it was molting or shedding. After we removed him from the rest ofthe bunnies (though) it went away. I hope it does not turn up to be asickness.

Latest posts

Back