Bald spot.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Trendy454

Wow, ive been trying to log on for ever!

Anywho.. today I noticed my female rabbit has a bald spot on her back,
it looks like a sore. i've called the vet and have an appointment on Saturday to get it checked out.. i'm wondering if the male is over grooming her? because he is bored.
I don't know how to "entertain" them They have plenty of toys and boxes to play with.
I dont think its mites because they've only been outside 2 times, because its been way to hot for them to come out. I do bring in long grass for them to nibble on. i'll try to get a picture, maybe someone will be able to help me out with this..

Picture would help! Go to the home page, and scroll down until you see the Gallery link on the left hand side. Add pics to your gallery through there.

When you have the pics loaded into your gallery, post a reply to this topic and click the G button in the toolbar.

This is Freeze's sore. But I do think the culprit is Kody.. I caught him doing it. So for tonight I have separated them, until They go to the Vet.
freezessore.jpg

Hi, I question if it's a good idea to separate them. Do you really want to break their bond?

You should see my poor Vega, this is what Winston does to her a couple times a year. It cost me a pretty penny when I first noticed it a couple of years ago when i took her to the Vets. They had no clue.

DSC06573.jpg

Good Luck

Susan:)

thats what it looks like. only on her back part of her shoulder. I did catch him licking it. so I just put him upstairs in the hutch. I'm thinking he maybe be bored.
But this thing is they don't play! Well Kody doesn't he's lazy. But I still have a Vet app. tomorrow, they need thier nails trimmed anyway. Have any ideas on how to keep them entertained?

Have you tried bribery? I put a treat in the middle of an oatmeal box that has the ends cut off, then stuff it with wads of paper. They have to dig and work to get to the treat. I also use a cat treat dispenser for part of the pellets. They have to nose bonk it to get the food to come out. For salads I use a wire ball and stuff it full of greens.
Basically I figure out ways to make it take longer for them to eat. They have to work for the food like they would in the wild (sort of). Good luck.
Houdini licked Cindi's ears bald at one point when she was shedding so the fur was thinner to start with. It grew back.

I'm going to find an old phone book. apparently they like to dig it up.. did some reading. i stuffed paper towel tubes with hay and treats, cut a box so it has holes. put pennies in a plastic soda bottle, and gave them some of my smaller stuffed animals. lol

I am wondering if maybe a little sour apple spray on the afflicted bun's fur would help? I don't have any myself so I am not sure if it is safe to actually put on an animal, but if it is it might deter your male from licking her so much. I wouldn't cover her in it, just a little around her bald spot... :?

Latest posts

Back