Bald spot on the middle of the back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassnessxox

Reaction score
I have a pair of bonded bunnies, my princess Cleo and my little prince Bambi. They are both neutered and have been living happily for...almost a year now?
Recently I have noticed Bambi has began mounting again and Cleo has been running away from him. Just the other day I noticed a bald spot on Cleo's back. When they first met and Bambi was still mounting during bonding Cleo began to get the same kind of patch, but instead of baldness it was just shorter hair. I notice that when Bambi mounts he stick his nose in to that spot on Cleo's back.

Is this something I should be concerned about? They are bonded so I don't want to separate, but I don't want her to get hurt.

It could be from the mounting, it could also be from grooming. Some rabbits will over groom and cause bald spots. Is the skin red or irritated looking?

The skin looks normal, it just looks like she has been shaved. It's not red or inflamed and she isn't paying any attention to it. It is exactly where Bambi puts his head when he mounts so I assume it is from the mounting. She has no spots any where else.

Bunnies bite down when they mount. It could just be from Bambi biting down when he mounts Cleo and ripping out fur. But like Nancy said, keep an eye on it just in case.

Im pretty sure it is Bambi pulling her hair out when he mounts, I'm just not sure what I can do to stop it? I don't want to separate them because they are bonded but I'm sure it can't be nice for her. I am wondering whether I should be concerned about his sudden interest in mounting again.

I noticed a little bald sour behind Bugsy's ears. Groucho grooms him like crazy there, so that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back