Bald scab spot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura331

Reaction score
Hey I just noticed this on my rabbit yesterday. Any idea what it is? My first thought was ringworm. Im taking him to the vet next week just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas.

1413516211016.jpg

Hard to tell, but ringworm is certainly possible. Are you sure it isn't just a scrape or wound? It's hard to tell from the pic.

it could be a scrape, but he also has a small bald spot on his face above his nose, but it didn't have a scab or anything.
Could this be from him scratching if hes got fleas? I recently adopted a dog and have been struggling with fleas with him. But I haven't noticed any on bun, but his hair is so thick and hes molting I could just not see them.

Fur mites can cause hair loss and irritated skin but I think they're fairly easy to take care of. Just make sure to take him to a rabbit-savvy vet as some cat/dog mite medications can be very dangerous for rabbits (someone check me on this but I believe Ivermectin is safe but Frontline can cause serious complications).

Yea, since you're going to see the vet anyway I'd get him to check it. The vet can give you Revolution if it's fleas or mites. Ivermectin will work on mites but not fleas. I haven't had to deal with ringworm on rabbits...have plenty of experience with it on goats :grumpy:.

Latest posts

Back