Baked goods?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyQuill

Reaction score
Our little bunny Fudge is seven years old and has no front teeth. He had an accident about a year ago and the vets had to remove his incisors. Regardless, he still has a lot of energy and a good appetite, even if we do have to grate his carrot for him now!

Before he lost his teeth, we would buy him these little treats which were like banana muffins and carrot cakes for rabbits. He absolutely adored them, but they're too hard for him to eat now, even when we break them up for him.

Today, my partner left a pack of cookies on the side, they fell off and I walked in to find Fudge trying his hardest to eat them! They were a little too solid for him but he was visibly disappointed when I took them away and has been sulking for a while now.

So, I was wondering. Does anyone know of any soft baked goods I can make for him? He's an old rabbit and we've agreed to just pamper and fuss him as much as we can. I've found a few recipes online which look great but they're all quite hard and he wouldn't be able to eat them.

Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks :)

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't feed anything like a muffin to my bunnies :\ those are too sugary imo. Maybe you should just grate up vegetables and fruits for him.

Make him little veggie burritos instead. And use grated cucumber as the wrap. Rabbits shouldn't eat treats like that.

I bake cookies for Barry that consist of ground pellets, Timothy hay fines, a small amount of ground oats all mixed to dough consistency with some mashed banana and organic, pure baby food fruits. Barry loves the "cookie dough". Maybe you could make a few small cookie dough balls to keep in the fridge for him?

Latest posts

Back