Bailey is on the front page of the Boston Globe today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandieLee

Reaction score
I was recently interviewed and photographed for an article about something called "strategic sharing" and the stigma surrounding mental health. Well, when the photographer came to my house, she wanted me looking as natural as possible, so I took some pictures with the bunnies and they used one of them for the front page! Bailey's famous! Let's hope it doesn't get to her head- she's already demanding more attention as it is ;)

Here's the pic! (Unfortunately, I didn't have time to groom her beforehand, so she looks a tad scruffy...)

baileyandme.jpg

Once upon a time I threatened to put my boot so far up my bosses south forty that he'd need to go see an internist. He sobbed to his boss and they sent me to see a shrink. They were going to show me! They had to hold me off my job for 3 days--got the earnings of my job--the shrink was in another jurisdiction, so they had to pay me 2 days pay for going off and then back into my division. Got 10 hours pay, 2 of which was overtime and a meal allowance times 3. When I explained what was going on, he agreed with me that it was harassment and wanted to cut me loose--I said "no" let's do the whole exam and I requested a letter stating that "I was sane". Yep they sure punished me! I got the equivalent of 7 days pay and 2 extra days off. My union also filed a grievance which they lost and they ended up getting investigated by the FRA and fined $10,000. When I went back to work one of the other Engineer's called me "Crazy Larry". I went to my locker, pulled out my letter and showed it to him. So, I went back to being called "Scary Larry". The reason for that is when we had a general manager's audit, whoever got the short straw had to give me a rule exam. I have a fairly high I.Q. and an eidetic memory so I would end up grilling them on all kinds of obscure rules and minutia--just my way of having fun and making them squirm. In the course of 27 years, I got written up 14 times and not one ever passed a review, but I did make quite a bit of money off them and got several of the cretins demoted. I do have a borderline personality problem and am a Type AAAA+, but I'm neither stupid or crazy,plus there were only 4 other people in the U.S. with my education and certifications so I always got what I wanted either directly or through subterfuge. After that, I took a week off as I had almost 200 personal leave days coming--they got so backed up that they had to give me a bonus to get me back sooner--$500 for each day of leave.

Latest posts

Back