Bailee's Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, here's a picture of me! :3
21770425145_ORIGpo.jpg

The link on the picture is my Photography account on Deviantart.com. I LOVE photography.
It's one of my biggest hobbies and passions, along with loving my animals in whichever way I can.

My other huge passion is music. Though I don't make it, I listen to it all the time. My passion for music stretches from techno and slow piano/violin music, to heavy metal and screamo (though I prefer the screamo to be honest.)

My favourite bands are Attack Attack! (the band on the shirt I'm wearing in the picture), In Fear and Faith, Greeley Estates, Of Mice & Men, The Word Alive, brokeNCYDE, etc.

I have actually met most of my favourite bands as well. I have met two members from Attack Attack!, one member from In Fear and Faith, the lead singer of Greeley Estates, and I've hung out with Of Mice & Men.

I've seen all of their shows, except for The Word Alive... but on July 30th, I'll be seeing them at Warped Tour 2010 in Detroit! Anyways.. enough about me. Let's talk about my other pets~

And here's a picture of my dog, Lady, the pittbull/shepherd/chow :)
DSC_0413.jpg

I've had her since me and her were very young. She's 12 years old!

She's got the colour of a chow, the snout and earsof a shepherd (they both used to be floppy when she was a pup, then one was up, and one floppy, and now they're both up), the stance and body shape of a pitbull, and a black spot on her tongue like a chow.

She loves the buns :) Sabriel doesn't really like her, and Solara is terrified of her ):

Lady loves small animals. We had a cat that had kittens, and Lady groomed those kittens like they were her own.

She's very motherly, but due to her old age, she's gotten really ornery. She almost bit me cause I accidentally stepped on her tail ):

This is Kiba, my black and tan Shiba Inu. :)
DSC_0452.jpg

He is turning.. three.. or four. Lol, I don't remember. He's 53 lb, but he's not really that chubby, even though Shiba Inu's are supposed to be only 30 lb.

But he's probably not a purebred... and let me tell you why.. (please don't judge me or my family for this.)

We got Kiba from Petland. We went in there, and saw him. I'd never held a Shiba Inu before, yet I've heard of them (I've been in Japanese class for 11 years now) and so I wanted to hold him so bad. I did, and I fell in love. I called my dad, and told him to go see him. My dad came in without us, and the lady MADE my dad hold him. My dad fell in love, and brought him home (I'm really really surprised).

But he is a WONDERFUL dog. He doesn't have any health problems, but he's afraid of most adults or teenagers, except for the people he knows, and a select few. He LOVES children, and that's what we wanted.

He has a HUGE prey drive though. He killed a baby bunny in the yard (D: ) and though he never gets direct contact with the buns, we had my mom hold him, and I held Sabriel by him (well out of his reach) and Kiba quivered. He wanted to hunt Sabriel so bad. So yeah, he won't be getting to see my buns!

As some of you know, I have adopted a2 year oldlight gray flemish giant. (His birthday is June 28, 2008)

My mom had already said "NO MORE RABBITS!"
But when I saw him on Westland Michigan Humane Society's website.. I KNEW I HAD to adopt him. I completely fell in love.

I've ALWAYS wanted a flemish!

Well, my mom said no no no about a million times... but I ignored her and plotted with my Aunt..
We went to the humane society the next day (My Aunt, me, my mom, and my 6 year old cousin Lauren)

And we had them bring him out :)
I was shocked at how big he is (11 lb)..
I've never seen a rabbit that big, and I have seen a flemish mix before (I thought that one was big!)

But yeah..
My mom and dad both said no at one point...
So I called my dad back
and begged him again.

(The flemish giant- formerly Pete, now Silas (SIGH-LUSS)- and I instantly bonded. He begged me for pets, licked me, allowed me to pick him up (Though it was a little hard cause he's super heavy lol) and he seems to be really good with kids and new situations.. He is super calm and gentle- though he did chew on my pants lol- despite not being neutered yet)

I told my dad I'd do whatever he wanted.
I'd work for him.. (he's a landscaper)
do billing with my mom..
Pay for all both Silas AND a pen (we already have a cage) and I'd change all the rabbits' litter to Equine fresh (i found it for 7 dollars per 40 lb!)... (which I'm regretting this lol. Pens AND NIC cubes are pretty expensive.

At Walmart, they're 21$ for 4 cubes... which is a complete rip-off. I'd need to buy like 3 and that's 63$.. I could buy a pen from the petstore for that price.

At KMart and Sears, they're 18$ for 6 cubes.. so I'd only need 2...but they say they're not in stock on the website Dx

UGH! My Aunt is actually gunna go check in Westland for me. I hope they do have them..)

But yeah, I am so glad that my mom finally said yes. She not only gave in cause I promised to buy everything.. but my mom KNOWS that I completely take wonderful care of my bunnies, and she told me Silas is just wayyyy too cute to resist :3

When we were interacting with him in one of the rooms, people were walking by, going "Oh my GOD!!! LOOK AT THAT RABBIT! HE'S HUGE!"

Hehe. I looooveee hearing that (that's not why I wanted a flemish though).. people are soo funny. But I much prefer my bunniesto people:3

I think Kiba is gunna be afraid of Silas to be honest XD

I AM SO PISSED. I tried to post some pics of Silas on here, and I resized them in Photobucket and everything.

BUT NOOOO!!!!!! THEY WANT TO STAY SUPER HUGEE!!!!
I'm really pissed off.
I'll post the pics later

My handsome Silas:
1181cc94.jpg

b33231ac.jpg

My lovely Kiba:
ddf17f4d.jpg

27617fc9.jpg

I cannot make them smaller, sorry

As if Sabriel and Solara weren't adorable enough... now look at that big boy Silas. What a handsome boy!

Love to see more pictures of him when you can, the size is fine. I want to see a picture of SIlas next to something that helps for size comparison... maybe a shoe or something.

How is he settling in?

crystal wrote:
As if Sabriel and Solara weren't adorable enough... now look at that big boy Silas. What a handsome boy!

Love to see more pictures of him when you can, the size is fine. I want to see a picture of SIlas next to something that helps for size comparison... maybe a shoe or something.

How is he settling in?

Hehe (;
All the buns say thanks ;)
Annd well, Silas isn't home yet.
Those pictures are from when I went to go see him for the first time.
He had to stay at the humane society to get neutered (20 bucks for him AND the neuter.. what a price!)
We'll be picking him up tomorrow around 9 in the morning.. I'll get some pictures soon.. I can't wait until the humane society smell fades from him. I hate it. Lol.

I WILL be getting some comparison pics ;P

So sorry I missed your birthday...

:party:Happy be-lated Birthday!! :party:

Silas is one special little boy. Very handsome guy.... (might want to keep your doors locked once he gets home :ph34r2:p)

Yield wrote:
crystal wrote:

How is he settling in?

Hehe (;
All the buns say thanks ;)
Annd well, Silas isn't home yet.
Those pictures are from when I went to go see him for the first time.
He had to stay at the humane society to get neutered (20 bucks for him AND the neuter.. what a price!)
We'll be picking him up tomorrow around 9 in the morning.. I'll get some pictures soon.. I can't wait until the humane society smell fades from him. I hate it. Lol.

I WILL be getting some comparison pics ;P

Oh sorry I did read that he wasn't home yet. silly me. so he's been neutered by now has he? that sure is cheap. my goodness!

well after he comes home and settles in I'm sure you'll be taking some more pics :)

Janet, thank you! ^-^ Yeah, I fell in love with him right away~ Though the pics on the Humane Society's website made him look like a brown flemish, not a gray. I'm glad he turned put gray.. cause he's like a mix of Solara and Sabriel ;) Since Solara has his style of fur, but Sabriel's got his colour, just in patches, hehe. Why lock my doors? XD I'm a little confused.. I confuse easily XD;

Crystal, no, no it's quite alright :)
Yeah.. we're picking him up soon!!

I've been so anxious, I went to sleep at 11:35, but woke up at 3:00 AM, and couldn't fall asleep.. so I watched some Catdog and let Solara and Sabriel out of their cage XD

(They usually don't get out until 9-10 AM cause I sleep so long, but I figured they'll be mad about Silas, so I should let them out early. But the thing is, I switched their cage from a big black dog cage, to amedium sizedbunny cage from Petco (with a huge pen) because since Silas is so big he's going to need the big cage... XD But yeah, they're obsessed with just sitting in that cage! I had builda small shelf on it, and Sabriel likes to sit there, and Solara just lays there... Maybe cause it's more enclosed.. I dunno, but they love it XD).

But then I fell asleep, and woke up at 5:00 AM... and fell asleep... and woke up at 6-7 AM.. (it's 8:33 AM now) and YEAH. I'm SOOO excited. I have his whole cage and pen set up.

I'm so proud of the NIC pen my mom and I built. Not to brag, but I think it looks real good ;) XD My room is seriously like half bunny pens. I'll have to take a pic soon so people can finally see what I'm talking about.. sorry!

I seriously just got off topic XD

But yes I will be taking more pics x3
I really can't wait to see my dad's reaction at the size of him XD

Yield wrote:
...Why lock my doors? XD I'm a little confused.. I confuse easily XD;

Most everyone on the forum has a list of bunnies they want to steal or bunny-nab if they could. I know I would put all three of your bunnies on my list... :ph34r2

myheart wrote:
Yield wrote:
...Why lock my doors? XD I'm a little confused.. I confuse easily XD;

Most everyone on the forum has a list of bunnies they want to steal or bunny-nab if they could. I know I would put all three of your bunnies on my list... :ph34r2

XD Lol!
I'm flattered :3
My bunnies are quite adorable ;)

Silas ended up peeing in his carrier cage on the way to the house...
It was ALL OVER him.
All over me.
All over the car.
All over the carrier.

We filled a bathtub a little and set him in there to rinse at least SOME of the pee off.
But he's doing pretty good. He's sooo sweet :biggrin2:
Pics later :3

Silas is definitely settling in well :)
He had mushy poop last night.. HUGE mushy turds.. and during the night he had TINY black ones. But now he's doing normal poops. :) He was running around me in circles, and pooping all around me! XD

And ahh, the stress of litterbox training a 2-year old, just-neutered bunny. D:

Since Silas and Solara/Sabriel's pens are right across from each other, I've caught Solara and Sabriel watching Silas with quite wide eyes. XD Silas is like 3 times their size. Silas has also looked at Solara and Sabriel... They're very curious about each other.

Silas bit my nose this morning, and my arm, after licking me :p What a brat.

your bunnies are so sweet! glad that silas is adjusting well to his new home :)

OMG Silas is HUGE! I have a 4/6 week old Flemish giant named Carrotz he is the size of Silas head. I can't wait for him to get that big. =P Your other two buns are adorable too!

They are :) And thanks, I'm glad too!

CarrotzMom, Carrot is ADORABLE now too! :) I can't wait till he gets bigger either, I wanna see how big he gets XD

---

So, since Silas isn't litterboxed trained, he cannot be in his pen unsupervised... I go in there with him. Well he's totally in love with me ;)

He circles me, grunting and planting lil poops around me.. the love dance! <3

Well today, he was doing it again.. (minus the poops).. and Sabriel took notice!

His tail went up aggressively, and he chased Solara intothe cage, before going to the edge of his own pen, eyes angrily on Silas, as if saying "That's my momma!". He was SOOO mad!

And then my best friend, Bree goes to the edge of the pen, and tries to pet him (telling him to calm down, lol) and sweet little Sabriel tries to bite her!

I can't get over how silly the whole thing was XD

But yeah.,.. some pics in the next post!

Silas pics!

Relaxin`!
DSC_0946.jpg

He is such a curious boy :)
DSC_0944.jpg

Clean.. if only that described his litterbox habits!
DSC_0943.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

Pokin` his nose through the NIC pen I made~
DSC_0899.jpg

Hoppin` by my friend Bree
DSC_0897.jpg

Cleanin` some more
DSC_0886.jpg

He peed on that whicker thing.. so I had to throw it away -__-
DSC_0885.jpg

His size compared to my friend Bree.. weird picture. XD
DSC_0880.jpg

Bree loves Silas XD <3
DSC_0879.jpg

Bree and Silas again
DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

Exploring
DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

Don'tcha love his girly pink mat? XD
DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0871.jpg

Handle from a whicker basket
DSC_0869.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

Sleepy face x3
DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

Bree petting Silas some more~
DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0850.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0846.jpg

I love how his one ear goes up when you stroke his cheek :3
DSC_0853.jpg

His size compared to a DVD case
DSC_0860.jpg

Sniffin` the garbage can.. lol
DSC_0831.jpg

More...
DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0835.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0830.jpg

Solara pics!

Chewin` the paper towel roll XD
DSC_0953.jpg

Sniffin` around
DSC_0950.jpg

Movin`
DSC_0935.jpg

She's such a cutie <3
DSC_0934.jpg

Hoppin`
DSC_0932.jpg

Front view, ears up
DSC_0925.jpg

Front view, ears back
DSC_0912.jpg

She can be such a brat sometimes ):
DSC_0906.jpg

DSC_0870.jpg

She has an obsession with licking things.. lol
DSC_0868.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

"Back off. -__-"
DSC_0863.jpg

"What do you want?"
DSC_0862.jpg

"Ohhh, toy!"
DSC_0861.jpg

She's got a pretty long snout O:
DSC_0847.jpg

More licking XD
DSC_0845.jpg

"Don't watch me eat!"
DSC_0825.jpg

"Nomnomnom.. she's not watching me, she's not watching me.."
DSC_0824.jpg

Sabriel pics!

He looks like he has a long snout like Solara as well O:
DSC_0952.jpg

Licking leg..
DSC_0949.jpg

Licking toes..
DSC_0948.jpg

"Don't watch me clean myself!" I always try to catch a pic in this pose, it's so cute.
DSC_0947.jpg

Only half-interested XD
DSC_0933.jpg

"What's that!?"
DSC_0928.jpg

His back looks like a checker-board almost!
DSC_0926.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

Ahhh Sabriel is sooo cute <3
DSC_0924.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

Like Solara, he's got an obsession with licking things.. though I'm pretty sure that Solara got it from him.
DSC_0911.jpg

Demon bunny! Joking XD
DSC_0905.jpg

ISN'T THIS ADORABLE!?
DSC_0826.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0823.jpg

All your pictures are so awesome! Of course it helps to have such beautiful bunnies. ;)

BTW- what a great idea using an empty tissue box for hay!!!

Latest posts

Back