Bailee's Buns in 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
[align=center]
baileesbuns.png

[color=4C7390]Bailee's Buns Blog 2012

Some of you may know me, some of you may not, but I'm back again with my third bunny blog!

I have three perfect rabbits, they all get along but none of them are bonded. Here is some information about them:

DSC_0862.jpg

Name, Solara
DOB, September 8, 2009
Gotcha, January 28, 2010
Age, 2 Years
Gender, Female
Weight, 5-6 lb
Breed, Agouti Mini-rex mix
Bondmate, N/A
Personality, A fiesty, and independent bunny, Solara prefers to be alone more than a human's comfort- even her mommy. Despite being so independent, she's a gentle rabbit who, if at all, takes things from your hand, takes them very gently. She must be chased down in order to be picked up, for she dislikes it, and runs from pets as well, yet, she's a very sweet girl, who appears to be very motherly. She resembles her human-mother a lot personality wise. Loves to show others affection, but dislikes when affection is shown towards her- yet she loves when the other buns give her attention.

DSC_0142.jpg

Name, Sabriel
DOB, September 25, 2009
Gotcha, April 3, 2010
Age, 2 Years
Gender, Male
Weight, 4-4.5 lb
Breed, Blue Dutch
Bondmate, N/A
Personality, A hyper, attention loving bunny, Sabriel loves to run to the edge of the cage when he sees his mommy coming. He's a very very sweet boy, who relishes the attention, and is nervous when picked up. He loves to be cuddled though, always tooth purring and closing his eyes when he is stroked, and always returns it with lots of kisses and nuzzles. He used to be bonded to Solara but the bond was broken when he broke his leg. He gets along with the other two buns now.

DSC_0652.jpg

Name, Silas
DOB, June 08, 2008
Gotcha, July 28, 2010
Age, 3 Years
Gender, Male
Weight, 12 lb
Breed, Giant Chinchilla
Bondmate, N/A
Personality, A lazy, couch potato bunny, Silas loves to lounge. All day. He adores every type of affection, animal, human, you name it- he loves EVERYONE but can get quite nippy. He's a social bunny with pretty much everyone, but prefers not to be picked up, but loves to be cuddled, and held closely. He likes to give lots of kisses and loves to be petted. He has a habit of chewing my hair. It's SOOO cute.

We have two dogs in the household, Kiba and Lady. Kiba is a 5 year old Shiba Inu and Lady is a 14 year old Pitbull/Shepherd/Chow, so neither can be trusted with the bunbuns.

Now for a little about me!

20111010_175156-1.jpg

Name, Bailee Danielle
DOB, July 24, 1993
Age, 18 Years
Gender, Female
Education, I go to a community college for Photography, but I am also interested in Taxidermy, believe it or not.
Volunteer, I volunteer at Great Lakes Rabbit Sanctuary.
Personality, i am notorious for typing in all lowercase and i'm easily offended and hate being ordered around. my mom call's me jason jr sometimes because i act like a female version of my dad, and he calls me billy sometimes... LOL. i'm bossy, can be pretty hyper, but definitely have my pessimistic moments. but i'm always open to new friends! i'm often compared to pinkie pie from my little pony: friendship is magic and goten from dragon ball z- i love to make people smile and i love sweets, and the hyper thing, LOL! i love to document things with my camera but it is far too often that i forget to bring it along with me!

If you are interested in any of my Photography, you can check it out on my DEVIANTART C:

And if you are interested of seeing videos of my pets or adventures, please check out my YOUTUBE C:
[/color][/align]

[color=4F7491]thank you Jj!
i draw my artwork either in pencil and traced on the computer with my mouse, or just drawn with my mouse on the computer! C:[/color]

Hi Bailee :) I'm quite new here but it's nice to meet you!
I love your photography! absolutely fantastic!

I figured I'd update here as well!

It's been a LONG time since I've come on here or talked with many people on here. I've missed you!

Everything is going well at this end... Solara is still a brat (but sometimes -rarely- lovable), Silas is still a big cuddle-bun, and Sabriel is still his sweet little self. They all still get along and they all have been good.

I have taken up an interest in Taxidermy and Skull Cleaning. I know a lot of people do not like it, and I could never do it to my pets (wouldn't want to) but I do think it is very interesting and it preserves the beauty and spirit of the wild animal instead of them rotting into the ground.

I have cleaned a baby wild rabbit's skull (found dead), some bird skulls (all found dead), and a squirrel in the process (also found dead). It's a dirty job but I love the outcome.

Anyway, I still socialize at GLRS, though it has been limited to every other weekend due to gas prices and the miles on the car. I have started driving again and am well upon my way to getting my drivers license. I will have my license in time for my next semester of College in the fall. I am going for Photography and have gone two semesters so far.

Now... for the news I know you all will be interested in. Well... let these photographs speak for me.

tumblr_m4t1dnqVnR1qilpw0o1_250.jpg
tumblr_m4t1dnqVnR1qilpw0o2_r1_250.jpg

This is Stark. As in, Tony Stark. He is a Dutch x Netherland Dwarf that my cousins found underneath their porch. We assume he was dumped after Easter because they figured he’s been under their porch for a while. He wouldn’t have lasted much longer, he’s a little thin and they live in the middle of no where, surrounded by forests filled with coyotes, foxes, and feral cats and minimal neighbors that they know the rabbit did not come from.

So we took him- `cause everyone knows that I am the bunny-lady. Not that I’m complaining. He’s pretty sweet and friendly.

I kind of want to keep him. My mom doesn’t because he needs to be neutered… and because I have three rabbits already… plus with our incidents...

But I think it might be fate. He looks similar to the first rabbit I almost got (a Netherland Dwarf)… mixed with my favorite rabbit, Sabriel (a Dutch).

Anyway, we’ll see where things take us. First step: call the vet and get a neutering price. I plan to pay for it myself if we keep him.

Now... pictures of everyone!

Solara being curious.
tumblr_m4ufrdhD8u1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

And then becoming her typical anti-social self.
tumblr_m4ufrdhD8u1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

Sabriel getting pets through his pen.
tumblr_m4ufq66d0D1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

And then begging for more!
tumblr_m4ufq66d0D1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

Silas wondering what I am holding.
tumblr_m4ufu0oLTC1qilpw0o1_250.jpg
tumblr_m4ufu0oLTC1qilpw0o2_250.jpg

And then deciding, whatever, I get pets!
tumblr_m4ufu0oLTC1qilpw0o3_500.jpg

And then a bonus of Stark, making himself right at home.
tumblr_m4tozuIhoR1qilpw0o1_400.jpg

tumblr_m4tozuIhoR1qilpw0o2_400.jpg

Our Veterinarian is leaving.
Moving to Georgia.

I am so upset, I'm like, bawling my eyes out over here.

She is the only rabbit-veterinarian at the place we go. There are other nice vets but she is the one who helped Sabriel with his broken leg.

She’s the one who gave us hope in a dark time.

She’s the one who told us we wouldn’t have to put Sabriel down and he would heal, unlike all the other vets who had no hope for my tough boy.

She takes care of our dogs too, Kiba the nervous and skittish dog had finally started to kind of get used to her. Lady liked her too. She’s been nothing but amazing this whole time. I can’t imagine her not being here…

I am going to find out when she exactly leaves so that I can hopefully get Stark neutered by her before she leaves… I couldn’t bear to have someone else neuter him- especially if we keep him.

Now excuse me as I continue to bawl my eyes out.

Here are more photographs of Stark.

This first photograph really shows how in the sun, his fur looks really dark brown.
tumblr_m4usgaJobP1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

tumblr_m4usgaJobP1qilpw0o4_500.jpg

He has white circles around his eyes and fairly white paws.
tumblr_m4usrvjZeJ1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4usrvjZeJ1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

Here are two videos of Stark, please watch them in 720p!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/gyt4RH47XHk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

The other one.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/zRg64&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

If it doesn't work (it isn't for me), here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/v/Jenf1EzRg64

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqFbBEVAIfo&feature=channel&list=UL]Lady being all guilty.[/ame](I'm not yelling by the way, it just sounds like that due to the volume.) She peed on the carpet so I scold her.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdw77fMNlRk&feature=channel&list=UL]A robin's warning...[/ame] A robin chirping threateningly at me because I am by her nest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T39xSBxd07M&feature=channel&list=UL]Kiba getting scratched in the ear and making a funny face[/ame].

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv9ODGEBYmg&feature=channel&list=UL]Sabriel the Dutch.[/ame] Me just baby talking about Sabriel and telling about him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqg9jSM-Wns&feature=channel&list=UL]Lady really wants a treat...[/ame]

Stark gets a dandelion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrFljeuFvE&feature=channel&list=UL]Stark demands pets.[/ame] Stark really knows how to demand pets. Grab my fingers with his teeth and move my hand up so that he can get his head under my hand.

tumblr_m50cw9X5kP1qilpw0o1_250.jpg
tumblr_m50cw9X5kP1qilpw0o2_250.jpg

tumblr_m50cw9X5kP1qilpw0o3_500.jpg

I built a shelf and a ramp for Stark with a little help from my mom.

The shelf is built with a NIC panel with thick cardboard zip tied to it. That was then zip tied to the edge of the cage securely and then from the ceiling in the unsteadiest corner. The ramp is zip tied to the shelf and made from the same thick cardboard on the shelf and duct tape… this was all last minute.

After he gets neutered I hope to build him something a little more permanent. But yes, he goes up there by himself and he seems to like it.

Hi Bailee!!! <3 I logged on to creep ;3 no one will remember me but you probably but I had to check this out :D I always loved keeping up with your blog, one of the few reasons I kept getting on. Hopefully with the start of summer, I'll have enough to put a blog up for Beau myself :)

Hi Amanda! You creeper you XD I took forever to reply to this. Buuuut people have to remember you! You're awesome! Thank you :3 And I hope you do start one for him!

tumblr_m6idatGonU1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6id3ruBKB1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

This is Natasha, named after Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow), who is a Marvel character. Anyway, she has been hanging around our house for a couple months and we thought she was simply a feral cat... that is, until I managed to approach her and somehow befriend her. She was very wary and shy at first, but over time we have managed to "tame" her with food and lots of pets (oh how she loves pets!)

Now she hangs around our garage door/trailer/snow plows/patio chairs... sleeps on the chairs at night, sleeps in the "forested" area and under the trailer during the day... She's turned into a very loyal cat in a very short couple days. We can literally go outside and if we don't see her, we call, "Natasha! Natashaaaa! C'mere kitty, kitty, kitty!" and she'll start meowing until we find her or she'll run to us meowing like, "Here I am!" She even digs holes around the house in the dirt and goes potty in them. I've never seen such a polite cat and I had a lot growing up.

Now, it was the second day she started sticking around that we realized that she was indeed pregnant. She was very skinny but had a protruding belly. You can see in these pictures:

tumblr_m6ir9sdCYH1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6ir9sdCYH1qilpw0o2_500.jpg

So needless to say, we spent thirty dollars on getting her a collar, getting her a few toys (which she loves!) and a bunch of different food which consist of normal food with high protein and kitten food (and kitten/cat wet food as well). She really needs to increase in size to support those kittens. We're hoping to coax her into the garage to have her kittens. My parents won't let her in the house and I don't think she wants to go in anyway. She doesn't show any interest and seems most comfortable outside.

As soon as she has her kittens and they're old enough to go to new homes, we will be getting her a check-up, spaying her, getting her micro-chipped, and getting her a tag for her collar as well (since not everyone looks for a micro-chip).

I totally love her, I'm so glad she stuck around. I wanted a cat so bad, but my parents wouldn't let me get one because they think they all pee in the house... well, now I have me a very friendly and sociable outdoor cat.

Also, anyone have any tips for pregnant cats? I had a cat that had two litters of kittens... but an outdoor cat is a whole 'nother story.

Please don't give me crap about her being pregnant. She was pregnant before we even befriended her. We already have a couple possible homes lined up and she WILL be spayed ASAP. I know how bad it is for more cats to be brought into this world, but there is nothing we can do about it now.

Now have more pics of 'tasha.

tumblr_m6jjuioCS61qilpw0o2_500.png

tumblr_m6lle5aMzQ1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6hxyarYha1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6iyx6GTbT1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6hxd5SlB11qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6hvqwySyK1qilpw0o8_500.jpg

tumblr_m6hvqwySyK1qilpw0o1_250.jpg
tumblr_m6hvqwySyK1qilpw0o2_250.jpg

tumblr_m6hvqwySyK1qilpw0o3_250.jpg
tumblr_m6hvqwySyK1qilpw0o4_250.jpg

tumblr_m6hvqwySyK1qilpw0o6_250.jpg
tumblr_m6hvqwySyK1qilpw0o7_250.jpg

tumblr_m6ghclOmyk1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6g2s6Zht81qilpw0o1_500.jpg

Now for some videos? c:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kke3KRoIDsQ&feature=player_embedded]Befriending Natasha.[/ame]
and
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9YhrKQoajg&feature=player_embedded]Natasha the morning after I befriended her.[/ame]

What a lucky girl to find her way to you. Like the mustache. She's a sweetie. Does't seem feral at all from the videos. And poor girl if she's pregnant. Well, with you she'll do well and so will her babies.

K

candykittten, we were going to keep him, but he is not any longer. we are struggling too find him a home : (

karen, nope, we thought she was feral before she let us befriend her though! i think she was a drop-off, since we do live on a main road (but we do have three acres). i'm sure she'd go home by now or not be so skinny if she belonged to anyone around here. i can't imagine she's simply a feral cat (we have a LOT around here) because of her temperament... c;

Yes, I really wish she wasn't pregnant though... u_u Poor girl is right.

Aww she is just so beautiful and what a lucky gal to have found you especially with her being pregnant. So sweet of you to take her in. She reminds me of my favorite cat when I was little named Moxie. :) post pictures of her kittens if you can!

Isn't she? <3 She is awesome. I'm so happy to have her around. I think she's fairly early in the pregnancy (my parents doubt she is because she is gaining weight and her belly doesn't look as large now) but the way her belly sways and stuff reminds me of a pregnant cat.. so I guess we'll see! You will definitely get pictures!

Aww, do you have any pics of Moxie? :3

Until then, more Natasha!
Crazed Cat! Natasha gets really feisty sometines and starts spazzing. She is such a silly kitty <3
tumblr_m6tsahgdH61qilpw0o1_500.jpg

Showing off her pretty collar!
tumblr_m6tdhrikiC1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

Yawning!
tumblr_m6tcrzYSsW1qilpw0o1_500.jpg

Back