Bad Weather!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
We're on a roller coaster of weather here in Alberta and it's not very fun!

We've gone from nearly -40 last week to warm enough for freezing rain!Highways have been closed and they've never done that in my lifetime!

I can't even go outside to my bunnies cages without nearly killingmyself on the short walk from my back door to their cages! The goodnews is that they are well protected and loving the warmth, the badnews, I'm going to kill myself on the stairs on of these days. :shock:

Wow I can't wait until summer.

What exactly is forcing the highways to close that doesn't usually occur?

Raspberry

WOW! It's actually been ok here, snowy, but warm enough the roads melt off.

You need some of those ice cleats that you strap to yourshoes! I hate walking on icey ground..... I've fallen and itmakes me feel stupid ..... and sore! :X

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
What exactly is forcing thehighways to close that doesn't usually occur?

Raspberry
The freezing rain. :?I've never seen it rain so hard in my life in January! Everything is like one big skating rink!

Imagine how hard it is going to be for me to climb the hill to get to school, LOL.

I see, it probably looks a bit like this....

1-6-050201.jpg

and this....

1-6-050231.jpg

I'll tell you what, that was a couple ofweeks ago and our area is still cleaning up from it. I think it willwill be going on for months. The governour declared 50 some countiesdisaster areas. They brought in power crews from states all around thatworked for two weeks, and they have tree crews from all the surroundingstates still working to clear all the downed trees. I was outsideyesterday trying to clean up the rest of the small debris in our backyard and it was freaky how many limbs were buried in the ground"vertically" from the falling when they were frozen. Some pretty bigones that I couldn't get out! I'll go take pictures later and show you.They are stabbed into the ground! I think if a person hadbeenwalking under there when they had fallen it would have killed them! Andthe ground was frozen when they fell! They are buried/stabbed severalinches into the ground! Freaky, freaky.....be careful Laura.....watchfor falling stuff and slipping and sliding....

Raspberry

Yep Laura I feel your pain...being so close tothe Canadian boarder we have gotten some pretty goofy weather herelatley...first so cold that your nostril hairs freeze the second youstep outside then a large amount of snow...then warm weather withfreezing rain, now back to snow...I can't complain to much though wehave had some pretty dry winters latley and our tourism was suffering.Now the snowmobiles are flying off the dealers displays. Good sliddingweather too and I love to go sledding! At least you have an excuse tonot go anywhere and you get some extra time to study for your testsright?

Fergi's mom

p.s. please don't fall and kill yourself on the stairs, I just jump right over them and pray I land standing up! LOL!

Well it's much better this morning! It must havesnowed when the rain was not completely iced yet because now we havethis interesting textured snow that actually gives fairly good gripwhen you walk, lol.

Raspberry,

Hereis notas bad as what you got -- it's a milderversion. The flags at the schools can't blow in the wind because theyare frozen solid, needles on the lower branches of trees are coated inice, my rabbits run fences have a layer of ice on, my hutch latcheswere frozen shut, etc.

They cancelled all buses today, but I still had to go because I livewithin walking distance and I can't miss a final. I'm home now fromwriting it and praying I did good!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
WOW! It's actually been ok here, snowy, but warm enough the roads melt off.
I just had to say it! I knew I should have just kept my mouth shut!!!!!!

Thurs to Friday - Snow advisory

Friday to Saturday - Winter Storm Watch

*Giggles at Bo B Bunny.*

That might be the storm that's just passing over us now! ;)Inormally cuts down into the States and goes towards the east.

Oh dear. Today was heaven here. It was about 73F,and sunny. Tomorrow is supposed to be even higher. :DAlthoughall last week it was below freezing, so that of course was no fun. I amsure not missing all that snow we used to get up north.

~Nichole

Ouch, freezing rain?! Howhorrible. Over here has been very hectic lately! Over the past week itwas below zero! Some houses lost some of there heat because of aconstruction delay or some sort. Can't really grasp what it was thisminute!

Tell me about it..slippingon ice ISN'T fun at ALL! I was going to the bus stop to wait for myschool bus..I was walking and slipped onto black ice! I fell right downon my glutiouc maximus ( behind :p) and took forever to standback up! It was sore the whole entire day!

Well, I just heard we're supposed to get 6 inchesof snow on Saturday here in Pittsburgh, and near a foot up nearpamnock's way in northern PA. Boo Hiss. I hate snow. Guess I'll justhave to cuddle up with the bunnies and watch some movies on my dayoff.:p

Dan

Awww, Dan, at least you have the bunnies to play with when it snows! That's nice :)

Bo was really cold this evening. He gets that way when thekids open the door a zillion times playing..... his ears get chilledand his butt. So, I got him and a nice fleece blankie andheld him for about an hour. He kept scooting further andfurther into the blankie :) Once he was warm, he wanted bodyscratches! (I gently scratch his back with my fingernails) and I gotlicked all over my collar... it was soggy LOL!

Back