Bad news for me and bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budgirl9

Reaction score
I think time has come to a end in breeding my rabbit Autumn she has had 3 litters but the last two times have been uneventful. it seems since the loss of my buck thunderstorm, she won't breed with other bucks the first time i breed her with a holland Lop which ended up a fake pregnancy. the second time was with my Lion-head buck. it seemed that she was pregnant. bloated belly and everything now she seems to be over due and belly is going away. is it possible that she is eating her babies. she is only a year old. when she breed with the male she fraught with him on the 3 day of breeding so i thought for sure she was pregnant. is this a sign she has had enough of being a mom or is she just heart broken over the lost of her favorite buck Storm. any ideas, should i try again?

I am going to ask some questions to kind of help clarify your story.

How old was the doe each time you bred her and how did you breed the pair (as in time intervals and if you saw the buck actually mount and fall over)

Are any of your bucks proven to have babies?

Has she ever had a litter before one year of age?

Is she overweight?

Is she lifting or does she seem willing to breed?

As far as eating them you would usually find evidence of it in the nestbox as in blood or body parts that weren't eaten. I get the feeling she just hasn't taken.

Autumn has a had 3 litters she is 1 year old as of February 1st and all her litters were from Thunderstorm which pasted away in January.
the new buck which is a experience buck and has had many litters
my new buck Kahlua it was his first time.
Autumn is not over weight
yes she did lift her tail and excepted the bucks
and there was no evidence of autumn eating babies.
when i think of it they never did fall over.

Autumn has a had 3 litters she is 1 year old as of February 1st and all her litters were from Thunderstorm which pasted away in January.
the new buck which is a experience buck and has had many litters
my new buck Kahlua it was his first time.
Autumn is not over weight
yes she did lift her tail and excepted the bucks
and there was no evidence of autumn eating babies.
when i think of it they never did fall over.

lol well there is your problem there. If the bucks never got her then it wasn't her fault. I would breed asap and here is what a succesful breeding session looks like. Make sure the doe does not pee after the buck does his deed or you are back at square one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0lCCrVcf7Y[/ame]

Good luck with the breeding. I know your frustration...I have a Flop doe that failed twice for her previous owner (once before she was for sale, then the breeder re-bred her when I bought her). I'm hoping the third time's the charm...because she's over a year and never had a litter.

Sarah! I loved that video. Especially the music, and the "kiss on the cheek" when they were finished. LOL

Latest posts

Back