Bad mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
Ok so my new EL litter that was born a couple days ago...wellI checked on them and it still looks as though they havent been fed...actually I know for a fact that they havent eaten in a while by the look of them. Well my other EL litter is 2 weeks old now...so I cant put them in with them, and the only other litter I have at the moment is my dwarf litter. I tried letting them feed off there birth mamma first and she wasnt havin it, she a real *^#^%& to begin with, soI tried my other EL mom and she flipped out as well. So I put two in with the singlet ND andhis mom hopped in right away and fed them! So when she was done I took them out and put two more in and left them alone. I guess my question is is it ok to do this? Im just trying any way I can to get these babies fed. I just dont want to stress out my ND mama. She only has 3 babies with her right now, 2 EL and her baby. Any thoughts?

I have never had to do it, but I have heard of moms fostering different litters and breeds. It should be okay, I know that ND's can have litters of 3 so she should be fine, I would just keep an eye on them all. Good Luck

whaleyk98 wrote:
Im just trying any way I can to get these babies fed.

And that is exactly what you should be doing. :biggrin2:

Depending on how many EL babies you have you might want to try your other methods again. The dwarf mom is only going to do so much for only two ELbabies at a time. It will all depend on when she decides to feed them.

Latest posts

Back